Chase is the neighborhood bank for thousands of communities across the country. Chase serves approximately one out of every six Americans through more than 5,600 bank branches; 19,000 ATMs; mortgage offices; online and mobile banking; as well as relationships with auto dealerships, schools and universities. Chase.com is the most visited banking portal in United States, and Chase Mobile users are growing at a rate of nearly 350,000 per month. With such a broad range of consumer businesses, the mission at Chase is quite simple: to be industry leader in customer experience. Chase has more than 160,000 employees across the world to help achieve this goal.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambitions is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
The Digital Payments organization is a motivated, forward thinking team comprised of high-talent product managers with a singular focus of delivering innovative payment services via the most important platforms of today and tomorrow. We seek to transform customer experiences, simplify the ways we do business, and tirelessly drive toward product excellence.
Chase is seeking an experienced and highly effective agile product owner to join the Digital Payments team to drive transformative change in Chase’s payment experience. In this role, the candidate will drive the roadmap for faster payments in close collaboration with a cross-functional group of partners. The ideal candidate understands the payments landscape, is an avid user of digital payment applications and is familiar with the opportunities and challenges across payment platforms. Understanding of finance business models, digital platforms, payments technology and the payment landscape is required. The desired candidate will accomplish his or her goals by driving innovation with lines of business, engineering, design, operations and other key partners.
This role requires someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, high-performing environment, where creativity, collaboration, and strategic thinking are the norm. Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and outstanding analytical skills, as well as a passion for digital channels and business models. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to inspire confidence from and to collaborate closely with senior business and technology leaders and internal stakeholders across various levels and functions within the organization.
This role will be based in New York, NY.
- Serve as an Agile product owner for Digital Payments spanning both online and mobile channels
- Engage closely with the engineering and cross-functional stakeholders to define a roadmap that meets business and consumer needs, while meeting critical deadlines and budget constraints
- Recommend implementation roadmap to incrementally deliver new functionality to the customers in an Agile manner, while gradually building on the foundation to deliver more sophisticated capabilities through a customer centric approach and innovation
- Track and monitor industry developments and how it impacts Chase and Chase products, new technologies that can be leveraged
- Identify existing gaps, optimizations and future opportunities for the product
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, design and product requirements, and other materials as needed to support technical design and development
- Partner with development and design teams to prioritize backlog, monitor progress and anticipate key issues & roadblocks
- Engage closely with and oversee testing and production validation efforts by IT testing partners
- Track and analyze metrics compared to industry benchmarks, publish reports on product performance, trends and risks/opportunities for both short and long term
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, competitive and market analysis, and company goals to drive prioritization of product initiatives