J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JPMorgan Asset Management Operations is located on the Morgan Christiana Campus in Newark, Delaware. The group is made up of roughly 100 employees performing support functions for the Front and Middle Office groups that are located in New York, NY and Columbus, Ohio. Functions in Investment Management Operations include Portfolio Services, Cash Operations, Reconciliations, Fee Billing and Reporting.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
A clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns with more than 1,200 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Guideline Management & Control department at VP level. The purpose of the team is to safeguard the fund management process by controlling and effectively mitigating portfolio risk by coding and monitoring investment restrictions.
The successful candidate will join the Guideline Team to work closely with the investment desks and business management teams to ensure adherence to guidelines while continuously improving quality and addressing the administrative burden through innovative solutions.
- Build strong understanding of business strategies for each of the product desks in order to be able to support requirements appropriately
- Develop best in class guideline coding practices to minimise manual intervention by investment professionals
- Build effective relationships with all key stakeholders
- Code investment guidelines into Fidessa’s Sentinel and similar applications
- Implement solutions to challenges and issues that are raised by stakeholders across the business
- Identify opportunities to improve timelines for coding new accounts and revisions to existing accounts
- Enhance end-to-end process flow to improve efficiency and enhance control
- Work with colleagues in all regions to drive towards a consistent operating model
- Produce effective and relevant management information
- 5+ Years of related experience in financial or banking industry
- Broad understanding of markets and AM products. Knowledge of investment processes and portfolio construction. Some knowledge of Beta/ETF products would be ideal
- Excellent team working and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and constantly prioritise workflow in a busy environment with effective decision making skills and attention to detail
- Control focused and detail oriented/methodical with good organisational skills
- Ability to deal with people at all levels within the organisation and discuss complex issues in an easy-to-understand way
- People management experience – organization & delegation of work, setting priorities & coaching for development