Commercial Banking (CB) provides a full range of services including lending, treasury services, investment banking, commercial card and asset management products to meet its clients’ domestic and international financial needs. CB’s 1,500 bankers serve approximately 19,000 clients nationally, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities, with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion, and nearly 37,000 real estate clients, owners and investors. CB is the third largest commercial bank in the U.S., with almost $170 billion in loans and almost $180 billion in deposits. In 2015, CB generated revenue and earnings of $6.9 billion and $2.2 billion, respectively.
The Oversight and Control team is seeking a VP who will be an integral part of the team which drives Control related governance processes, projects and initiative management as well as the Inter-Affiliate Services (IAS) program. The VP will report functionally to the Commercial Banking Oversight and Controls (CB O&C) Program Director.
• Support and lead activities that drive weekly/monthly/quarterly governance processes for CB’s Senior Leadership Team
• Drive and participate in initiatives requiring control mindset, organization, strong communication skills and an ability to influence partners through deep dive investigation and resolution/implementation of control initiatives
• Collaborate and partner with various business and functional partners in support of BAU activities and programs
• Deploy and execute a robust operating structure in accordance with the firm-wide policy and standard
• Review and approve IAS project documents and process through the lifecycle of the framework
• Support business managers and project managers with your expertise of the IAS framework
• Establish control measures to identify and mitigate risks and compliance gaps in the programs
• Identify and develop effective control protocol for all cross-Line of Business dependencies
• Conduct Steady-state monitoring and periodic health checks
• Partner with functional partners in Legal, Compliance, Sourcing, Risk, IT Risk Management, Finance and Audit to ensure a clear and co-ordinated program with other initiatives
• Maintains and communicates an effective understanding of regulatory requirements and industry practices to senior management and the Line of Business
• Provide program execution support to all outsourcing initiatives as per policies and procedures
• Partner with the Corporate program office for effective communication to ensure overall program status, implementation plans, management issues, priorities, escalations and risks
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.