The Global Privacy Office (GPO) is a Corporate Compliance function that is responsible for the development and administration of an enterprise-wide Global Privacy Program. The GPO establishes minimum privacy requirements, provides compliance training/guidance to lines of business and corporate functions, monitors the regulatory landscape, and provides management with transparency into the organization’s privacy risks and issues.
The Global Privacy Compliance Governance team is seeking a compliance professional to support the Global Privacy Emerging Risk & Strategic Communication Program. The role will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of a new framework that will assist in identifying, monitoring, advising and mitigating emerging Data Protection and Privacy Risks. This function will have additional responsibility for developing content that will be included in Global Privacy Trainings and Internal Privacy Communications. The role will be located in the New York Metro Area and will report to the Global Emerging Risk & Strategic Oversight Compliance Lead.
· Assist in the development of a global privacy emerging risk identification, assessment & communication governance framework and operating model
· Research emerging privacy risks, industry trends and external privacy events to raise awareness and develop guidance to mitigate potential impacts on JPMC businesses
· Assist in developing approach for creating LOB/CF privacy risk profiles to increase awareness and attention to critical privacy risks and improve reporting and transparency
· Strengthen engagement model with risk and control teams to discuss emerging risks, regulatory developments, industry trends, external events that could have a material privacy impact
· Influence guidance for monitoring, testing, training and oversight of emerging risk areas
· Monitor for changes in company processes, products, services and technologies to identify potential data protections and privacy risks and provide guidance and education
· Participate in forums, committees and working groups to obtain transparency surrounding strategic priorities and identify opportunities to enhance approach for addressing emerging privacy risks
· Support the Global Privacy Office during the development of the global data protection officer operating model, Corporate Function Privacy Compliance Operating Model, and new Privacy Oversight Forums
· Support the Global Privacy Emerging Risk & Strategic Program through the development and maintenance of a Global Privacy Communication Plan
· Develop content for global privacy trainings & communications that will include core requirement, emerging risks and strategic communications to senior management; effectively integrate Privacy into training & awareness campaigns used by key Corporate Functions
· Manage the Global Privacy Education & Knowledge Centre (Intranet/share drives) and implement compliance procedures that are required for SharePoint Information Owners
· Responsible for representing the GPO at various forums to presenting Training & Awareness activities and completion rates
· Provide support for top level initiatives and priorities as directed by the GCPO or Governance Lead that may include framework/operating model enhancements, governance vehicles, annual compliance planning and senior level messaging
· Assist with management of GPO budget forecast, privacy memberships, invoice processing and maintaining criteria support as required by GCPO
· Maintain awareness of privacy best practices, industry standards, regulatory developments related to protecting and managing personal information
· Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of equivalent education and experience
· Minimum 7-10 years of related experience; Financial Services or Regulatory experience preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills a must
· Experience drafting corporate level communications
· Experience developing and administering corporate training
· Understanding of global privacy laws, regulations and compliance requirements
· Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification preferred
· Leadership experience with proven ability to maintain relationships, influence change and add value
· Ability to produce high quality deliverables that require minimal modification
· Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Strong project management skills, with experience managing large-scale and time sensitive projects
· Highly organized, extremely detail and control orientated fostering a transparent no surprise environment
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools
· Effectively manage relationships, facilitates effective communication, and works with the senior team to assess needs, understand requirements and develop solutions
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.