JP Morgan Chase:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function:
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Ensure the effective execution and convergence of the elements within the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) as well as the ongoing uplift of this framework including: independent risk assessment, operational loss data capture, monitoring & reporting, RCSA independent challenge, scenario analysis & operational risk capital allocation, and maintenance of strong governance & culture of transparency.
· Assist in monitoring WM US compliance with Operational Risk Management Framework and internal oversight including firm wide op risk policies and procedures
· Assist Corporate Operational Risk (COR) through review/input of policy updates and procedures on Framework components: collaborate with other ORO teams to share lessons learned and best practices
· Assist to analyze potential operational risks within the business, including review of changed or new initiatives
· Assist in metric and data-driven monitoring of key risk drivers, exposures, controls or potential risk events across processes; developing/leveraging metrics and KRI data (e.g., errors trends, potential fraud, client complaints, data privacy issues) to identify risk trends and themes
· Assist in executing “credible challenge” of business unit’s documented operational risk processes and procedures
· Learn analytical capabilities to support and challenge the operational risk assessment (RCSA) processes for the businesses; work with the WM and AWM ORO team to drive robust assessments
· Assist in working with LOB-Aligned business/controls staff for resolution of issue/variance in Errors in RED. Monitor corrections to individual Operational Risk Events, Error data quality remediation in FORCE.
· Assist/participate in follow up reviews and issues from governance forums including relevant risk and control committees and help prepare required updates and materials as needed
· Prepare reporting, as needed, for WM ORO team (US and globally as needed) to support audits, regulatory exams, quarterly reviews including credible challenge tracking, TRA documentation, monthly CRO scorecards, RCSA IC scorecards, etc.
· Experience associated with Asset & Wealth Management, specifically WM business is preferred
· 2-3 years experience in financial services industry, with specific experience in Operational Risk, Finance, Business Management, Oversight & Controls, Audit, Compliance or other control-related area
· Undergraduate degree required in related field
· Working knowledge of banking operations, financial services laws and regulatory environment preferred
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills; inquisitive nature and comfortable in challenging current practices
· Ability to work independently and execute on deliverables in a timely manner
· Proven ability to anticipate and identify risks and effective mitigants
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and related tools required
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.