JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 260,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking.
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at J.P. Morgan. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with clients and each other to generate positive change in our local and global communities every single day. We are committed to your growth and development. We offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go and leaders who will support you in getting there.
The Global Wealth Management Mortgage Advisory team delivers customized, complex mortgage lending solutions to GWM clients. Mortgage Advisors work with Bankers, Capital Advisors, Financial Advisors and additional members of the integrated team to deliver sophisticated lending solutions and excellent service to GWM clients.
The Mortgage Analyst works in support of a Mortgage Advisor in originating and funding Mortgage applications.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support Mortgage Advisors in managing application pipelines, including: submission of mortgage applications into the system, completing pricing tools, deal worksheets, etc.
- Respond rapidly to client and internal inquiries on mortgages and HELOCs
- Respond to data quality questions and research/resolve all issues
- Assist with the underwriting development process by following-up on underwriting inquiries
- Following on-the-job training:
- Identify and structure mortgage loan opportunities during conversations with clients, Bankers and/or other integrated team members
- Analyze noncomplex client balance sheets and cash flow to formulate a mortgage solution that meets the client's needs and is consistent with the firm's risk parameters
- Coordinate the application, origination and closing process end-to-end, including receipt of all necessary documentation from clients and/or Bankers
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of client and Banker/Capital Advisor communication and requests for information
- Self motivator and ability to facilitate change
- Proficiency in Microsoft software applications (Excel, Word, Outlook), as well as a knowledge of the various JPMorgan systems
- Strong partnership skills to work effectively with internal teams (Bankers, Capital Advisors, Underwriters, etc.) and external constituents as needed for each transaction
This position will require / requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move your previous registration to JP Morgan Chase's registration rolls. Your continued employment in this position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon successful registration after your start date and annual re-registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment with the firm.