JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
As a Lead Network Engineer you will be part of the Global Network Services (GNS) team which supports one of the largest enterprise networks spanning over 56 countries on a global basis, with over 2 million data network ports, 40,000 network devices, and 8 billion voice minutes per year.
The Senior Network Engineer will work with a team of senior engineers and evaluate the global enterprise network, with focus on data center & campus networking, network security and IP services. You must possess a high-level of technical expertise, have strong organizational skills and be able to work with engineering, project management and support resources to drive business projects to completion. In addition you will utilize your extensive experience for planning, analysis, process design/implementation and data network design & implementation.
Strong interpersonal skills are important. Requires an understanding of the networking needs of the organization as a whole and be able to present technical solutions to senior management.
The candidate will work along with senior members of the staff and will have responsibility in the following areas:
· Work with Business to gather requirements. Develop solutions for non-standard products
· Design, implementation and execution of complex network hardware and software configurations
· Collect and analyze data related to the production network infrastructure
· Capacity planning and providing security best practices
· Developing repeatable processes for execution of common functions for execution by overall team on a global scale
· Support and manage high volume third party multicast traffic distribution
· Be apprised of and recommend the implementation of new network technologies to improve stability, supportability, and performance within the network
· Engineer, or review and approve, new configurations prior to implementation
· Interact with global engineering, implementation and support teams during project turnover to ensure adherence to standards compliance
· Coordinates activities with clients, implementation and operations personnel
· Serve as tier4 escalation support and proactively identify and provide solutions for operational efficiencies
· Maintain complete technical documentation
· Provide rotating on-call system support
The ideal candidate will have had exposure to multinational data networking technologies. To be successful in this role you’ll need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related discipline
· A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a like role or 3 years of experience working in Managed Services
· You will have previously designed and implemented solutions for LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi and security in large global enterprise environments.
· Comprehensive professional experience working in large scale enterprise or carrier network environments
· Proven knowledge of a majority of the following: Routers, Ethernet switches, Firewalls, Internet appliances, business applications
· A detailed understanding that includes: TCP/IP routing protocols, MPLS, NAT, OSPF, RIPv2, BGP4, IGP, DNS, firewall policies, geo-load balancing, proxy and cache Servers, VPN technologies, layer 4-7 switching, Security, QoS, IP Telephony, Wi-Fi, Cellular, Network Management and Monitoring Software
· Hands on experience with Multicast (PIM DM/SM, IGMP), F5 load balancers (LTM, GTM) and Wan acceleration.
· Checkpoint Firewall technologies and network segmentation
· Expertise in deploying and troubleshooting VPN technologies including IPSec, DMVPN, GRE.
· Advanced knowledge of available network operating systems, network equipment and networking protocols is essential
· Expertise in scoping out and designing MAN/WAN/vendor circuits, networking equipment and technologies
· Proven ability to research, develop, implement and streamlining processes/procedures for executing data network projects on a global scale consisting of over 10,000+ devices
· Proficiency in programming languages such as C/C++, Java, Shell, Awk, SQL, PHP or Python, Perl with a strong base in object-oriented design and development
· Evening/weekend work will be required
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.