Human Resources – Workforce Analytics – Advisory Services (VP)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Corporate Human Resources plays an integral role in designing, implementing, and managing global initiatives across the firm. The functional areas within Corporate HR include global Recruiting, Training, Talent and Development, Career Management, Diversity, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Technology, Finance, HR Service Delivery, and Workforce Analytics (WFA).
WFA is a centralized global function. In WFA, we apply quantitative methods, technology, and research to people-related data across the firm. We have a vision to help make individuals, teams, and businesses at JPMC among the most engaged and productive in the world. Our mission is to create workforce insights that allow leaders to make evidence-based people decisions that help drive measurable business outcomes.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
The VP in Advisory Services is a client-facing consultative role and will report directly to the Executive Director-WFA - Advistory Services. S/he will play a central role in the support and the build out of the WFA Advisory Services practice, a team whose mission will be to tell compelling stories using data across the Employee Lifecycle and to bring actionable insights to HR leaders and Business executives. S/He will have significant exposure to senior leadership across Human Resources and with executive teams in Corporate Functions as well as Lines of Business.
The ideal candidate has a strong track record of successful client engagement, project management, descriptive data analysis, and the communication of technical subject-matter to a variety of senior audiences. This role requires a skill set that combines quantitative methods, management consulting techniques, and HR subject matter expertise. Proven leadership and skills in data analysis, relationship management, and storytelling with data will be vital to success in this position.
- Partner with WFA Global Reporting and WFA Advanced Analytics to identify, scope, and prioritize people-related research questions
- Lead cross-functional research teams on high-priority agile projects to deliver comprehensive solutions to critical people issues
- Develop consultative partnerships with senior HR and Business clients
- Proactively spot opportunities to solve business problems through evidence-based People initiatives
- Develop design-thinking approach to developing customer-centric WFA products and solutions
- Utilize data visualization tools and techniques to translate reporting trends into insightful data narratives
- Manage the Advisory Services global customer feedback process and inform WFA product design and enhancements