JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
• Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
• Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
• Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
• Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
• Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
Legal Technology (LT) is part of Corporate Technology’s Compliance & Legal Technology organization, which delivers technology solutions to support Legal as they advise the business on applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally, and assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment. Legal Technology is the steward for the design, build and management for the firm’s Legal Technology portfolio across all Lines of Business and global regions. Legal Technology is responsible for partnering with our clients on evolving business capabilities, improving end user experience with our solutions and services, and ensuring that we continue to provide continuous improvement on the systems that are relied upon across the firm. Legal Technology supports legal functions covering Matter & Spend Management, eDiscovery Platform Services, Knowledge Management and Lifecycle Management.
This Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer/Analyst position will be primarily responsible for Data Warehouse, Reporting & Analytics development within JP Morgan’s Legal Technology. Development will include design, construction, testing, optimization, and deployment of BI technologies including but not limited to Oracle, Informatica, QlikView, Business Objects as well as advanced analytics tools (e.g. SSAS, R etc.). The Senior BI Developer/Analyst will need to work effectively with a small but globally distributed team of developers & product owners/stakeholders to implement reporting & analytics solutions leveraging the JPMC Legal generated data. Overall, the ideal candidate for this position will be highly skilled in data warehouse & reporting methodologies, data manipulation & analytics tools & techniques and have expertise in the visualization and presentation of enterprise data.
• Designs, analyzes, develops, tests, debugs and delivers software and/or new products as part of Data Warehouse, Reporting & Analytics development within JP Morgan’s Legal Technology
• Work with product owners & key technology partners to identify solutions to their reporting needs, develop new MIS solutions or modify/optimize existing ones.
• Identify process simplification opportunities for overall reporting environment. Work with operational reporting team and business partners to automate or simplify existing processes, and to remove any manual steps from report generation and delivery.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the importance of end to end software development which may include working in Agile frameworks
• Analyzes business and data requirements to support the implementation of application’s full functionality
• Contributes to high level functional design used across all MIS & Analytics applications based on system build and knowledge of business needs
• Collaborates with fellow team members and keeps the team and other key stakeholders well informed of progress of application business features being developed
Skills and Experience
• Proficient in application development skills for more than one business intelligence technology including data warehouse (Oracle), reporting (Business Objects), visualization (QlikView) and advanced analytics tools & methodologies
• 5+ years of comprehensive report analysis and design experience with demonstrated knowledge of Oracle based data warehouse / database structures, SQL, PL/SQL.
• 4+ years of recent experience in ETL (Informatica), SQL, PL/SQL.
• 4+ years of recent experience developing reports on Business Objects/ QlikView or a similar platform.
• Experience with advanced analytical technologies that include OLAP tools & unstructured data retrieval methodologies & techniques.
• Working proficiency in a selection of software engineering disciplines and demonstrates understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of software.
• Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience coordinating development cycles and project management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Engineering. Different field of study, with significant professional experience in BI Development, is acceptable.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.