Control Officer Senior Associate – Business Banking/Auto Finance
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Consumer & Community Banking, the firm’s largest Line of Business, serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services including: personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, merchant payments and auto financing. JPMorgan Chase & Co. continues to make investments aimed at increasing Consumer & Community Banking’s position in the marketplace.
Consumer & Community Banking offers an intriguing array of career opportunities within its well-established business units and support functions. Consumer & Community Banking’s unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly-visible Oversight & Control organization. Oversight & Control’s primary focus is to ensure Consumer & Community Banking has a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner. The Oversight & Control Team collaborates with business partners, including Compliance, Risk Management, Legal, and Audit, to decrease Consumer & Community Banking’s exposure to financial loss, compliance issues, and/or reputational risk. Due to Oversight & Control’s unique position within Consumer & Community Banking, Control associates are primed to explore career paths that expand across the firm.
The Senior Associate will independently focus on evaluating and performing an end-to-end analysis of the business’ risk and control environment. The role will ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to Consumer & Community Banking’s risk mitigation efforts. The Control Officer Senior Associate’s analyses will be used to guide Consumer & Community Banking’s business units toward a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols. The Senior Associate will also provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of Change Management requests and projects. Additional responsibilities may include: Training development/delivery, procedure writing and process improvement initiatives. The role will partner with peers and multiple levels of management to develop, implement, and strengthen Consumer & Community Banking’s risk-based practices, procedures, and systems. The Control Officer Senior Associate will assist the Control Officer Manager in performing these duties and providing guidance as appropriate.
- Lead the execution of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment Program to reduce exposure to financial loss, regulatory issues, and reputational risk
- Manage prioritization, scope and direction of Change Management requests and projects remain on schedule
- Perform in-depth research and analysis to identify potential risk and control gaps
- Provide overall central support to the Business Banking and Auto Finance Controls Team agenda
- Exercise sound judgment to influence a strong risk management culture across business practices
- Support a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner
- Monitor, validate and document deliverables of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment Program
- Assist with development of Risk & Control Self-Assessment mapping and documentations through participation in end-to-end process walkthroughs and deep dives with assigned business units
- Identify issues and control improvements for remediation, while assisting in risk mitigation
- Create and maintain collaborative relationships with our control teams, business partners and support partners
- Assist the Control Officer Manager with additional projects, as needed
- Partner with business units through ongoing testing and monitoring of controls
- Develop and execute robust control test scripts designed to identify control weaknesses, determine root causes, and recommend solutions