role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
• Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
• Masters or Bachelors in Computer Science with 3+ years of experience in big data and analytics.
• Strong CS fundamentals, data structures, algorithms with good understanding of big data
• Experience with Hadoop data management including technologies like Apache sqoop, SQL, Hive, HBase to name a few.
• Experience with RDBMS technologies including Oracle
• Land data from various firm sources into big data warehouse
• Design and tune schema for data landed on platform
• Partner with information modelling teams on firmwide logical data models.
• Primary subject matter expert (SME) for data in analytics platform.
The Macro BIG technology team is part of the Macro front office technology that supports the global Sales, Trading, eCommerce and research organizations across FX, Rates and Commodities lines of business. The group is responsible for building analytics and the data platform. This platform delivers insight to sales and trading to optimize sales and trading decision making in addition to strategic decision making
The BIG group is hiring data engineers to help us build our next generation business analytics platform. We will land financial data from various front office and back office platforms and will be the primary source of data for running business analytics. This is a great opportunity to work at the intersection of critical front office facing data analytics and big data technologies
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on
innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely
service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions.
You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of
assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice,
raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over
100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.