Human Resources – Workforce Analytics – Data Engineering Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Corporate Human Resources plays an integral role in designing, implementing, and managing global initiatives across the firm. The functional areas within Corporate HR include global Recruiting, Training, Talent and Development, Career Management, Diversity, Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations, Technology, Finance, HR Service Delivery, and Workforce Analytics (WFA).
WFA is a newly established centralized global function. In WFA, we apply quantitative methods, technology, and research to people-related data across the firm. We have a vision to help make individuals, teams, and businesses at JPMC among the most engaged and productive in the world. Our mission is to create workforce insights that allow leaders to make evidence-based people decisions that help drive measurable business outcomes.
The Data Engineer Manager will manage a team of Data Engineer SME’s to and will be responsible for designing and architecting the next generation HR analytics solutions. Ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with huge volumes a big data, and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business logic and passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of team of engineers to create world class Workforce Big Data and will be responsible for designing and partner with technology team to implement the solutions and enjoying working in a fast paced dynamic environment. In addition to being technical this role requires converting business expectations to technology priorities and act as the Product Owner for the initiative. Candidate should be comfortable to focus the team and be execution focused to meet agreed upon deadlines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Data Engineering Manager activities include:
- Manage a team of SME’s, mentor and motivate for productivity and success
- Leverage Agile techniques and drive the function and technology to meet business priorities
- Work as a data steward for all functional areas within HR
- Establish a data engineering community of practice to disseminate information about the big data platform and the usage to various consumers of the big data platform
- Responsible to build optimal workforce data models that leverages structured, unstructured and semi-structured data sets in Cloudera with high performance in mind
- Drive the data governance requirements with the Global Data Management team and ensure optimal security, privacy and design patterns for the Cloudera environment
- Support multiple Reporting and Dashboarding tools including BusinessObjects, Tableau, Qlikview. Ensure security layer applies to all toolsets.
- Design an audit system that leverages logs, audit data from Cloudera and the other tools to capture any security and privacy violations
- Enable lineage tracking of the workforce data from source systems to reporting engines.
- Consulting and guiding on the delivery of applications and solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users, technology professionals, and executive stakeholders and write detailed requirements for the development teams
Preparing and supporting change management activities (engaging users, crafting communications, facilitating training)
Project management activities to ensure timelines and scope are met with the highest standard of quality