Commercial Banking – Wholesale Loan Operations – Middle Office – Operations Manager – Executive Director-
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co. brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which includes choices such as fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking (CB) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm’s broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities – lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management – to meet our clients’ domestic and international financial needs.
Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business. These functions include loan documentation, closing and funding, payment and fee processing, syndication loan and trade processing, credit administration and collateral perfection and management.
This role resides within WLS Middle Office and will have central responsibility, in partnership with program and production management, for ensuring effective implementation and ongoing steering of the Middle Office Integration Roadmap, as well as providing informational and advisory support to other areas on matters related to the Middle Office Integration efforts. This position will work across the WLS Middle Office to lead or champion Robotics Process Automation (RPA) opportunities and develop/maintain a consolidated Multi-Year IT Roadmap aimed at system convergence and improving the client journey.
This individual will be highly visible and will collaborate regularly with Business Leaders at all levels, Regional Sales Executives, Credit Delivery Managers, Credit Executives, Credit Approval Officers, Credit Underwriters, Bankers/Business Relationship Managers, Credit Coordinators and other key business partners across Operations, Product, Technology and Risk to develop and implement a variety of credit related activities that transform the credit delivery experience. S/he will oversee the timely and effective implementation of ST, MT and LT initiatives that promote operations efficiency, employee satisfaction, and an improved customer experience.
- Central operations lead, working in partnership with program management and operations executives, to drive and maintain the credit administration integration roadmap, inclusive of: X-LOB best practice sharing, role alignment, automation of manual activities, and process consistency and simplification
- Develop and execute on internal initiatives supporting business unit strategic plans
- Drive functional execution of business unit strategies
- Regularly engage and gain the support of functional leaders across lines of business to participate in the transformation of the end-to-end wholesale credit delivery process to help design and deliver a best-in-class client experience across all segments
- Manage partnerships with multiple stakeholders across business units and key business partners such as legal, compliance audit and risk in order to remove dependencies and deliver results in a complex and matrix environment
- Communicate with senior management regarding overall program progress and recommendations/decisions
- Integrate effective change management and training techniques to drive enhanced standardization and alignment
- Time will be spread across multiple areas and efforts with ~25% on DCS LOB Business Initiatives and the remainder of time divided between driving the day-to-day WLS Middle Office Integration agenda and leading or participating in cross-LOB and cross-function Strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, or other related area; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years financial services experience with minimum of 5 years of experience in a business or process improvement role
- Ability to lead and influence without having positional authority
- Strong team-orientation, leadership skills and proven ability to develop strong client relationships
- Ability to focus on the key issues and drive initiatives to conclusion
- Ability to lead, challenge and adapt to changing business landscapes
- Expert knowledge of commercial credit application, process, policy, and underwriting
- Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, both written and verbal
- Ability to foster positive and proactive approach to process assessment and improvement and identify trends and improve processes for both the business and business partners
- Excellent working knowledge of operations and risk concepts and the ability to interpret and understand the impact of decisions, as well as identify and convey potential problem areas
- Demonstrated experience making independent critical fact-based decisions and escalating as appropriate
- Ability to review documentation and provide executive summary overviews and trending analyses for senior audience
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to help define and deliver to conclusion a strategic agenda across multiple groups
- Proven ability to work under pressure and within an environment of rapidly changing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Creative thinker with strategic mind set
- Attention to detail with logical thought process