Chase is one of the largest U.S. providers of banking, credit cards, lending, wealth management and investment services, serving more than 50 million households. We serve individual consumers, small businesses and mid-size companies. All Chase employees are focused on providing the best possible service to our customers every day. We believe that the success of our business is linked directly to the talent and commitment of our people. With that in mind, hard work and accomplishments are recognized and rewarded here. We offer competitive pay, health and other benefits. Learn more about our employee programs and services. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking consists of the following lines of business:
· Consumer Banking serves customers at 5,200 branches in 23 states, 16,000+ ATMs, online, through mobile and by phone.
· Mortgage Banking serves customers primarily through the branches, as well as by telephone and online. Services mortgage loans with combined balances of $845 billion and offers purchase and refinance solutions to first-time and experienced home buyers.
· Chase Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card and is the No. 1 credit card issuer in the U.S. (based on sales/loans outstanding.)
· Business Banking provides deposit, credit and cash management services to businesses with annual revenue up to $20 million in 23 Chase footprint states.
· Auto Finance provides auto loans indirectly through a national network of automotive dealers and manufacturer clients, as well as directly to consumers through bank branches and chase.com. Chase also provides commercial loans and floorplan financing to auto dealers.
· Merchant Services is the global payment processing and merchant acquiring business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. It processed more than $1 trillion in payments in 2016.
About Card Services
Chase Card Services is the #1 credit card issuer in the U.S. (based on sales volume and loans outstanding) and #1 U.S. co-brand credit card issuer. Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card.
• Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Products include Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
• Commercial Card provides payment solutions to businesses, governments and other institutions for commercial expenditures, including business supplies, maintenance, repair, operational expenses and travel.
About Risk Management:
Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Risk Management team is part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. Firm-wide Risk Management function. It operates independently of the various business groups while simultaneously partnering with them on various initiatives, managing risk, ensuring compliance etc.,
This position is responsible for all strategy and analytic efforts to optimize collections across the more than $5B in delinquent credit card loans. This is a leadership position where the team is responsible for the day to day and strategic risk management across our consumer and small business credit card businesses. This role requires strong thought leadership, collaboration, conceptual skills, and attention to detail in order to adapt to changes in the credit cycle. The responsibilities include end to end management of financials for the delinquent portfolio, collections treatment strategy optimization, ensuring proper current and forward looking loss assumptions, managing within the business Risk Appetite guidelines, working with Operations & IT to execute strategies, and partnering across lines of business to align best practices. Span of control includes Risk decisions including reporting, performance monitoring and controls.
Lead a team of individuals, assuring a strong culture, continuous professional development and effective performance management
Partner closely with Operations, IT, and the Card risk leadership team to ensure that all priorities are aligned to maximize bottom line impact, deliver a great customer experience and to challenge the ways things are being done
Design and manage analytical strategies for delinquent portfolio including channel optimization, segmentation, payment solutions, and overall portfolio performance management
Design, implement, track and report on new strategies in a test vs. control environment
Conduct financial analysis to estimate benefits and costs and develop detailed business plans for proposed projects.
Act as a member of the Chase Card & Overdraft Collections Risk Strategy Leadership team, assuring that the function is making effective decisions to manage the Risk of the business while assuring effective profitability decisions
Monitor emerging trends in collections treatment and technology across the industry
Assure regulatory and policy compliance through a system of effective controls, identifying, testing, and validating control effectiveness and delivering accurate audit work papers when required
Review detailed reports of audit and regulatory findings, presenting any irregularities to management and developing action plans where required
Bachelor's degree in a quantitative or business discipline required; Master's degree preferred
8+ years of experience in the consumer/card lending industry
Experience in Risk management disciplines and departments
Up to date knowledge and understanding of Consumer Credit laws and regulations
Proven track record of developing effective controls and managing operational risk
Proven ability to evaluate the business climate, anticipate change and develop compensating strategies/vision
Proven ability to successfully negotiate and motivate at all levels within today's complex environment
Demonstrated leadership in applying analytics to efficiently and pragmatically solve business problems through structured problem solving approaches
History of communicating to senior leaders of an organization
Experience with statistical software such as SQL, SAS and/or Knowledge Seeker
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.