Performance Requirement: We are looking for high performing PMs rated E or M+ for the past two-years.
The CCB Ops Program and Project Management Groups is a team of experienced professionals aligned with Line of Business strategic initiatives to drive execution, growth, better controls, and enhanced customer experiences. The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for the management of projects/program from initiation to closure. This individual will be responsible to directly manage multiple projects or a large program of varying complexity, possibly cross-department or cross-division and may be at various geographic locations. This position is responsible to organize, direct, manage, control and execute the activities of assigned projects/programs in order to ensure that projects are completed on time, within the approved budget, and within stated strategic and business goals and objectives. The Senior Project Manager will partner closely with business, technology, and other support partners to ensure successful execution. Clear communication, transparent reporting, and effective presentation building will also be vital elements of the position. The successful candidate will excel at creative thinking and problem solving; be self-motivated, confident and organized and ready to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
As a Senior Project Manager you will:
- Provide leadership and direction for the delivery of project/program objectives and changes to meet business requirements.
Leading teams of project managers and providing oversight and guidance to them for managing small, medium and large projects/programs, ensuring successful delivery and client satisfaction.
As player/coach, may directly lead large complex and strategic programs with scale and scope across multiple business units or across one business unit but with significant business change.
Communicating with senior executives regarding progress, issues and risk of the projects/programs managed through formal and informal conversation and through written presentations.
Utilizing direct and indirect influencing skills to drive progress, track/monitor/report detailed project activity.
Acting as a point of escalation to resolve roadblocks and issues that impede project progress.
Implementing best practices and delivering business value through controlled, predictable, mature project processes.
- Build Charters, Business Requirements, test plans, execution plans to support execution of assigned projects.
- Work closely with the Business, Technology and Support Partners to develop and execute solutions to support the direction and goals of the Business.
- Act as the change agent in the identification and execution of initiatives.
- Responsible for monitoring the details and status of projects, prepare standard and ad hoc updates and reports, identify and resolve project issues, effectively escalate decisions and issues, and establish quality measures and standards that ensure milestones are met, projects are successfully executed, and stated benefits are realized.
- Responsible for developing business knowledge and using that information to support/enhance the quality of all project phases.
- Organize teams by identifying areas of needed expertise and required skills.
- Direct activities to ensure quality and timeliness of project completion.
- Facilitate meetings and working sessions as needed.
- Conducts business analysis, process mapping, and process re-engineering where needed.
- Identify project risks and resolves project conflicts with affected management
- Ensures projects are completed according to time and budget schedules, and that objectives conform to line of business' standards, operations objectives, user requirements and client's needs.
- Effectively manage project scope / changes, functioning as an escalation point to ensure impact is communicated and approved.
- Develop presentations and organize information and data in support of project tracking.
This position is expected to operate with a very high energy level. Acting with a sense of urgency will be expected in almost all situations. JPMC and CCB Operations are considered industry leaders. The technology and processes underlying the organization are largely state of the art or are aspiring to attain state of the art status. Therefore, this position must work to drive the organization to those goals. Project portfolio includes a wide range of project types: technology changes, new platform implementation, product launches, controls, process improvement, etc. at the Operations, CCB and Firm wide levels.
10-15 years of project management experience with demonstrated progression of scope and scale project execution
Expertise in project management disciplines, tools/techniques and Project Delivery Processes
Successful, hands on track record of Agile project delivery
Experience delivering data intensive projects
Proven ability to develop, lead and motivate teams
Executive level communication skills, verbal and written
Experience interacting with all levels (horizontal and vertical) of leadership, preferably within CCB
Ability to be flexible, nimble and to successfully juggle multiple changing priorities
Strong cross organizational team building skills, with a focus on high performance outcomes
Experience using MS Word, Excel, MS Project, Access, Power Point, Visio