J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Finance & Business Management’s (F&BM) goals are to ensure sound control environments and provide financial advice to support the business strategy for the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB). Within F&BM, the Controllers organization is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting functions for the organization, both financial and regulatory, as well as ensuring execution and implementation of the overall financial architecture.
The CIB External Reporting Controllers team resides within the CIB Controllers organization. The team is responsible for developing and managing the strategy for external reporting processes inclusive of the accuracy, timeliness and integrity of the related information. The team plays a key role in the design, implementation, and oversight of the execution, analysis, control, and governance frameworks.
The CIB ER Controllers team supports the CIB Controller as it relates to reviews, analysis and controls around GAAP financials and External Reporting. This role will provide the successful candidate with exposure to external reporting groups across CIB and Corporate functions, as well as the CIB Senior Management.
The individual’s responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring effective internal control framework including analytical reviews for SEC external filings relating to CIB
· Coordinate CIB review / certification meetings of 10Q / 10K filings with the external reporting leads and the Senior Management
· Perform cross CIB consistency checks, deep dives into potential areas of risk and peer analysis as it relates to external reporting. Leverage Issues and Errors management process to identify control weaknesses, and effectively remediate the issues.
· Review and analyze the impacts to CIB of any new or revised accounting standards or reporting instructions
· Work with the CIB external reporting leads to ensure compliance with new / revised requirements
· Coordinate and analyze response to adhoc requests from the regulators and across the Firm
· Partner in Firmwide strategic initiatives related to external reporting
· Represent CIB in various Firm wide forums
· Coordinate and lead training across SEC reporting requirements
o 8-10+ years in a Finance organization with exposure to accounting, financial statements, regulatory reporting and financial products
o Experience in Product Control, Financial Control and/or knowledge of SEC reporting or Reg Reporting a plus
o Strong understanding of end-to-end reporting and control processes
o Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
o Ability to summarize complex information and deliver it at business executive level
o Self-motivated and willing to take initiative; ability to thrive in a changing work environment
o Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, CPA a plus
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.