J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Private Equity & Real Estate Services (“PERES”) was launched in November of 2005 through the commercialization of the finance and technology team supporting J.P. Morgan's various private equity and real estate entities. The line of business has over 200+ dedicated finance and technology professionals with offices in New York, Chicago, Sydney, London, Dublin, and Jersey (CI). The team provides administration services to more than 100 clients with $200 BN exposure to alternative assets.
Job Description – Associate
The principle responsibility of the Associate role is to review and monitor client deliverables for our Private Equity fund administration clients serviced out of New York. The role will involve daily client interactions and require the individual to manage expectations, balance multiple priorities and coordinate closely with our operations team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of reporting to clients and investors.
• Maintain the books and records of Private Equity fund entities
• Set-up and maintenance of fund structures and investments in accounting database
• Prepare and/or review periodic Net Asset Valuations including all supporting workbooks and documentation
• Prepare and/or review consolidated financial statements including note disclosures and supporting schedules
• Prepare and/or review capital call and distribution calculations, investor allocations and investor notices
• Monitor, track and reconcile capital call proceeds and distribution payments
• Prepare and/or review management fee calculations including fee offsets and waivers
• Prepare and/or review carried interest calculations and maintenance of waterfall model
• Prepare and/or review partner allocations and capital account statements
• Coordinate release of investor notices with document management team
• Review subscription agreements and ensure investor data is correctly captured in Investran
• Handle ad hoc client and investor requests
• Work closely with manager, team and support functions to manage client expectations and timeline for client deliverables in accordance with SLAs
• Demonstrate knowledge of Private Equity fund structures, accounting flows and understanding of fund governing documents
• Liaising with support functions and internal stakeholders including risk and control groups, audit, compliance, implementation, investor relations and operations
• Adherence to control framework including internal policies and procedures
• Participate in ad hoc client projects and internal initiatives
• Assist in year-end process and handle requests from external auditors and tax teams
• Review fund governing documents and related agreements ensuring correct application of terms and conditions
• Mentor and groom staff resources through performance management process and career development plans where applicable
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• A professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA) a plus
• 3 – 7 years experience in an accounting role, preferably at a Big 4, Private Equity fund or Private Equity fund administrator
• Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (with an emphasis on accounting for investment funds a plus)
• Familiarity with Private Equity fund structures
• An analytical thinker and problem solver with attention to detail
• An ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• A team player with strong organizational skills and ability to see projects to completion
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite and advanced MS Excel skills
• Experience with Investran or a similar integrated Private Equity system a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.