JPMC Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Banking Technology team is seeking a quality conscious, technical, analytical person, to function as a technical support analyst in the Production Management organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for responding to and resolving production incidents across the banking technology products. The candidate will work with development, project management, product management, business project directors, QA, client implementation, audit, IT Risk, Client Tech Support Staff, and other support groups for both Production and test environments.
The Production Support Analyst will be expected to assist in resolving incidents in a timely manner, through effective root cause analysis and solution identification. The candidate will see incidents to resolution and follow through of solutions. The candidate will develop level of expertise on the assigned applications as well as the associated physical and logical infrastructure. The individual will collaborate on an ongoing basis with other production support analysts and developers. They will also be engaged in analysis, design, testing, debugging, and implementation of enhancements to existing systems.
The essential functions of the position include:
INCIDENT MANAGEMENT- mitigate, facilitate, coordinate, escalate, and document impacting incidents. Determination of root cause, implement action plans to prevent reoccurrence. Complete assigned action items with in prescribed timelines. Prioritize issue queue, assign issues for resolution, and provide feedback to Call Center. Identify reoccurring issues, and through process improvement mitigate and reduce the number of incidents, maintain and produce status reports on incidents.
MONITORING AND AUTOMATION - accountable for monitoring applications, jobs, file transfers and processes. Assisting in establishing pro-active processes for monitoring, issue avoidance, and improvement of customer service.
PROJECT SUPPORT- actively engage in assigned projects to ensure timely completion without incidents..
This position is part of a 24x7x365 organization, it involves on call rotation covering the full week including nights and weekends.
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science or Equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8 years technical experience in Web based technology environments and related dependencies between platforms, database, and application levels. (UNIX, SQL, WINDOWS)
- Experience in the support of real time transaction processing applications
- Experience in Linux, korn shell, Perl, Python, JAVA (core and frameworks) , C/C++, Shell Scripting,
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience in Oracle, and SQL server databases, SQL
- Knowledge of windows server, active directory, group policy, OS
- Working knowledge of application development
- Experience in enterprise incident management practices, monitoring and performance tools.
- Ability to quickly receive and process information, make appropriate risk based decisions.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective IT issue/incident management skills, problem identification, root cause analysis, and solution recommendation.
- Self confident, self directed, ability to work with various levels of staff and management.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to remain calm, work in a fast paced, at times pressured environment, and balance competing priorities.
- Strong global team member, interaction with staff and clients to achieve business goals.
- Intense personal commitment to mission, values, and goals of the organization.
- MS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering will be a plus