JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Chase CCB (Consumer & Community Banking) is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments and to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
Technical Analyst responsibility:
- Facilitate with architecture and engineering teams issue resolution and development on platform & project specific technical topics
- Facilitate communication between the project stakeholders and technology teams.
- Lead any design discussions involving our space.
- Lead design discussions with other technology partners and project managers.
- The TA is expected to perform the analysis from business to technology
- Investigate any requirements or issues related to the project and/or addressed to the team.
- Perform impact analysis on any addition/modification/deletion
- Write requirements that can be used by the development team without further investigation on their part.
- The requirements should be detailed enough that the developers can deliver within a target 1 week ETA.
- The requirements should contain acceptance criteria so the developers can determine whether or not their code is done and working before handing over for testing.
- Ideally, provide test data in Feature file
- The requirements should provide enough contexts for the developers to understand the purpose of their development but it should not be a replicate of the business requirements.
- The business requirements do not detail the application changes. It is the TA's responsibility to tailor the requirements with sufficient granular details for the developers to work.
- The requirements should be split into workable units for the development team
- Partner with Application Development Managers (ADMs), developer lead and developers to ensure the committed work is feasible and understood.
- The TA is expected to keep the documentation updated
- Responsible for recording analysis artifacts and communications into JIRA.
- Document requirements and projects overview for traceability and ever-greening purposes.
- Ensure the handshake with the development team once requirements are groomed
- Developers to ensure the deliverables will support the requirements
- Business System Analysts to ensure early engagement of the Digital team Shared Services team in projects
- CORE team to ensure early delivery of Interfaces
- Understanding of software development processes and procedures
- Familiarity with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Familiarity with Agile development tools – JIRA
- Bachelor’s Degree within a technical field.
- Hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical Analyst or a related discipline with an emphasis on delivering cutting edge technology within finance.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to forge lasting relationships with the scrum team(s) you are part of.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience of working with Agile Development teams.
- Ability to read Java code and service definitions in order to understand existing system behavior.
- SOAP, XML, JSON and other similar web service protocols/technologies.
- SQL and database scripting.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Retail/Consumer banking and investment products.
- Programming Languages (Java preferred).
- Appreciation of responsive web design.
- Experience of working with JIRA.
- Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin scripting language.