JPMorgan Chase has one of the biggest storage environments in the World, servicing a heterogeneous compute system within geographically disperse setting. This position is part of the JPMorgan Chase SAN Storage support team; focusing in finding the underlying issues that impair our systems from performing at its best. Our goal is to fix issues before they impact the stability and resiliency of our applications.
This position requires an extensive background in SAN management and support, and experience with the server side as well. We support a widespread of OS version, age and configuration; including AIX, Linux, ESX and Windows.
Our environment is extremely complex, comprised of CISCO and BROCADE switches; EMC, HDS, SUN and IBM arrays, thus, this position requires an engineer that has a high level of energy and is seeking a challenge.
• Management, maintenance, and support of data storage solutions, utilizing EMC Symmetrix/DMX/VMAX and Clariion arrays; HDS USP, USP_V, HUS and AMS; as well as IBM XIV
• Ability to identify opportunity for performance improvement on CISCO and BROCADE fabrics
• Provides multi-level technical support in defining, developing and evaluating storage products to meet client needs
• Supports these activities by diagnosing, reproducing and fixing software and hardware issues
• Allocates storage to new servers as needed
• Provides recommendations to improve the storage infrastructure and address/lead critical issues and analysis
• Works with partner storage teams to ensure the appropriate storage level provisioning is maintained. Monitors server/storage infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Troubleshoots and resolves problems identified by system administrators or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve application recoverability
• SAN switch technology management, storage provisioning, LUN masking, zoning, performance management, and volume management
• Once issues are identified, this position requires ability to put a plan in place to implement fixes and close out such issues, taking into account, the complexity and size of the environment
• Resolving high priority incident tickets
• Engaging internal customers
• Attendance on management and technical bridges through incident resolution and preparation and presentation of root cause analysis
• Coordinating and driving both internal and external vendor IT support teams in resolution activities
• Executing assigned Service Request to JPMC standards and controls
• Providing on-going improvements to event monitoring
• Ensuring environmental testing and Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity tests are completed successfully as required
• Provide production support for distributed storage environment including accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor engagement
• Provides management with strategic and tactical recommendations for SAN environments
• 5 - 8 years experience in distributed storage environments
• 5 - 8 years experience in an associated technology (Server, Networks)
• Must have experience with Unisphere for VMAX / DMX and Hitachi Tuning Manager
• Experience with VC Ops is a plus
• Knowledgeable in Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, AIX
• Advanced experience of VMAX, VSP, HUS, XIV, along with associated HW based replication and point in time copy solutions - Experience with XIV and SUN arrays is a bonus
• Advanced experience of vendor tools for managing, configuring, and troubleshooting (including performance)
• Intermediate /Advanced experience with large switched fabric environment for Brocade & Cisco
• Must have Expert knowledge of basic RAID, storage tiering, storage architecture concepts, storage virtualization, local and datacenter replication practices, and storage best practices
• Must have experience in architecting, administrating, and troubleshooting Brocade Fabrics: zoning, aliasing, QoS, FC routing, and virtual fabrics. (FC to Ethernet bridging experience a plus)
• Expert understanding of how server behaviors and IO load patterns affect storage (LUN Q-Depth, multipathing, application IO size, etc )
• Advanced experience with HBAs and multi-pathing software
• In depth experience with storage management CLI’s: EMC Solutions Enabler, Cisco SANOS, Brocade FOS
• Ability to accurately troubleshoot low lever SAN fabric issues: Logical errors, congestion, light budget, etc
• Strong scripting automation skills: Perl, Unix shell scripting (Ksh/Bash) and Expect
• Require expert level knowledge of EMC FAST-VP for VMAX
• Strong performance troubleshooting of EMC VMAX/FAST-VP utilizing EMC Unisphere
• Intermediate/advanced experience configuring EMC DMX and/or Intermediate HDS Lighting line of products
• Intermediate/advanced experience deploying storage with controller based systems such as EMC Clariion or HDS Thunder line of products
• Intermediate experience installing and configuring host bus adapters
• Intermediate experience installing and configuring multipathing software (EMC Powerpath, HPUX Pvlinks, Veritas DMP, HDS DLM)
• Intermediate knowledge/experience designing and deploying local/remote mirroring solutions for backup and disaster recovery. Knowledge of SRDF, Truecopy, Timefinder, and Shadowimage
• Good understanding of impact and importance of storage services to customers. Sense of urgency around critical issues
• Good positive attitude and helpful approach
• Good spoken and written English
• Ability to communicate clear and concise information in support of team and firm goals
• Timely escalation of critical and/or complex issues as required
• Ability to solve operational issues with both tactical and long-term solutions
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent time management and personal task prioritization
• Good planning skills and ability to deliver to agreed schedules
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.