The Corporate Investment Bank, Know Your Customer (KYC) team plays a critical role in ensuring that as an organisation, we are compliant with multiple regulations, in order to protect the bank’s reputation and financial assets. JP Morgan has developed their Global Operating Model to provide a business wide process for the delivery of KYC across all Lines of Business in every Region.
As part of Banking Operations, the Wholesale Client Onboarding team (WCOB) operates in close partnership with Sales, Operations, Credit, Legal and Compliance to provide efficient and timely on-boarding of new client relationships to the JP Morgan infrastructure.
The Onboarding Analyst will be responsible for managing the Front Office relationship for all new business requests. The Analyst will be required to create and complete the end to end client onboarding KYC records, incorporating all due diligence documentation in to the KYC platform.
The successful candidate will be familiar with working in an analytical environment, ability to evaluate complex and lengthy documents in order to ensure full adherence to regulation requirements, have knowledge of multiple client types, and have proven experience of producing quality work whilst maintaining regular throughput, adhering to time sensitive deadlines as necessary.
The individual must promote excellence; diversity, quality, respect, inclusivity and drive their own self development. The Analyst will report to the Quality Control Team Lead and will be pro-active, with a strong desire to succeed. Effective communication skills are a key part of this role as it requires building and maintain strong working relationships, in a changeable environment.
- Manage new business requests received from the Front Office and oversee the KYC process end to end
- Work closely with the Front Office and potentially direct with clients as required, to obtain all necessary supporting evidence to fulfil KYC due diligence
- Liaise regularly with the business to conduct workload planning, review status of key onboardings and prioritize open requests
- Frequently interact with key stakeholders such as Legal, Compliance, Credit and Operations to develop strong partnerships, eliminate roadblocks and ensure continuity of information flow across the groups
- Create quality KYC profiles ensuring accuracy, completeness and validity, incorporating multiple risk factors in compliance with global regulatory requirements
- Manage personal workload and priority items and ensure timely escalation of key risks/issues to management
- Keep informed of any changes to processes and procedures, regulatory change and ensure open verbal dialogue with colleagues across the EMEA region
- Identify and execute process improvements, provide guidance and support on key process and technology initiatives to the business
- Maintain a globally agreed quality pass rate for KYC records reviewed by Quality Control and sampled by Quality Assurance
Knowledge of multiple products such as Trade, Escrow, Cash, Global Custody, Securities, Loans, Derivatives, Collateral
Management. B.S. Degree or equivalent