JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Legal Department Description:
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation. The department also includes the Office of the Secretary (“OTS”).
Legal is organized by Practice Groups that conform to the organization of the Firm’s lines of business (LOBs) and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis. Each line of business has an LOB General Counsel, who is the Practice Group Head and who reports to the Firm’s General Counsel. This structure provides the means for the legal teams to communicate legal and regulatory changes to the businesses and staff areas, and for the LOBs and staff areas to communicate business developments that have legal or regulatory implications to the legal teams in a timely manner.
Legal Chief Operating Office (“Legal COO”) Function Description:
The Legal COO helps attorneys make the best use of their time by providing centralized services and tools to: i) develop professional skills, ii) manage projects and achieve business objectives, iii) optimize processes and technology, and iv) engage and connect employees. Further, the Legal COO helps the Legal Management Team establish and execute the department’s objectives by driving and supporting initiatives to: i) implement firmwide standards and governance, ii) provide financial discipline and risk controls, iii) guide the people agenda and iv) drive best practices.
Legal Practices Group Description:
The Legal Practices Group is part of the Legal COO function. Responsibilities of the Legal Practices Group include:
- Partnering with Legal staff to define, document and redesign policies and procedures; conduct benchmark studies, identify gaps in processes, and monitor action plans
- Providing operational support across Legal, including real estate management, support for key applications, intranet management, end-user technology management, legal research, publication subscription management, SharePoint development and maintenance, employee on-boarding and off-boarding
- Provide concierge support services to the Legal department, globally
We are currently seeking a Legal Operations Associate to manage the Legal Intranet, serve as the secondary Security Liaison, review end user technology requests, and perform Onboarding and Offboarding duties as assigned. The Legal Operations Associate will be responsible for building Legal Department web pages while adhering to the firms standards and guidelines, managing and maintaining content on the Legal home page, providing training and support to content managers, and implementing firm mandated updates to the site. As the secondary Security Liaison this position will be responsible for providing back up support for the submission of Legal employees requests to access customer based applications as well as assisting with application certification requests from the application owners. In addition, this role will also be responsible for reviewing and providing the initial approval or denial of all end user technology orders (equipment and software) while reviewing each submission to make sure it adhere to firm-wide EUT policies and procedures. Finally, this position will be responsible for the Onboarding and Offboarding of Legal employees department-wide. The specific responsibilities include sending communications to both the hiring manager and new hire, submitting and monitoring until completion all requests to provision Legal applications, providing metrics and reporting monthly, and fielding questions from the hiring managers and new hires as required.
Candidates for this role should be highly-motivated, self-starters with strong analytical and quantitative skills. The candidate will work closely with all levels of staff across the Legal Department, so strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Previous experience in managing Intranet/Internet content is desirable. An understanding of banking operations and technology is preferred but not mandatory.
End-to-end oversight of Legal Intranet site and content including training and support to Content Managers and participation in firmwide Intranet efforts
Manage Onboarding and Offboarding tasks including communications with hiring manager and new hires, submitting Legal application access requests and monitoring to completion, providing metrics and reporting, and fielding general questions from both hiring manager and new hire.
End User Technology oversight to include reviewing all technology orders submitted to ensure requests are in-line with firm mandated policies; may need to obtain business justification and senior management approval
Secondary Security Liaison responsible for reviewing all requests for customer based application access, assisting with application certification requests, and generally helping end user locate appropriate support contacts
Other duties as assigned by direct manager
Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, extremely detail and control-oriented
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues, desire to be flexible and think strategically
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills or interest in project management preferred with ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently a must
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
- Knowledge of JPMC Intranet, Ariba, Request Center and RSAM highly desired
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Comfortable interacting varying levels of management and providing appropriate consultation to content mangers or stakeholders when appropriate
- Prior experience in financial services, particularly in the areas of legal or compliance operations
- Previous Internet content management experience
- Knowledge of Ariba, End User Request System and RSAM
- Excellent communication skills
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of SharePoint