MB Consumer Direct Mortgage Banker within CD, BSC, and HE are required to build a relationship with the customer, and through inbound and outbound consultative sales techniques, match the most appropriate Mortgage Banking product with the customer’s need. Mortgage Bankers are also required to solicit referral business from existing Client, Realtor, Corporate, and Branch relationships to build their own sources of business.
MB Consumer Direct Mortgage Banker may serve client needs in all 50 states and must be familiar with associated programs, policies, and procedures.
Consumer Direct is a nationally scoped direct-to-consumer business with teams of Mortgage Bankers located in sales centers in Phoenix, Columbus, and Milwaukee.
Consumer Direct specializes in customer retention and new customer acquisition refinance transactions, purchase money mortgages, eCommerce originations, Corporate Relocation, and Home Equity in all 50 states. Leads for Consumer Direct are sourced from centrally managed direct mail, media advertising, cross sell efforts, statement programs, Chase.com, electronic newsletters, outbound lead sourcing, and other marketing efforts.
Consumer Direct/Branch Sales Center supports the Consumer Bank in providing mortgage solutions to consumers for Retail Bank Branches that do not have an assigned loan officer —based in Downers Grove.
Consumer Direct/Home Equity also supports the Consumer Bank in providing Home Equity solutions to consumers via our Retail Bank Branches through Home Equity Centers in Milwaukee and Phoenix.
• Proactive Consultative Selling on inbound and outbound calls
• Ability to learn/retain complex Mortgage Products, Programs, and Policies for all 50 States
• Attention to detail while managing a pipeline of customers commensurate with a consolidated sales environment
• Attention to Customer Satisfaction with internal and external clients
• Proficiency with multiple advanced computer systems
• Ability to maintain composure in a high volume, fast paced environment
• Adaptability to change
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
• Consultative selling of mortgage programs in a fast paced telephone sales center environment.
• Meet or exceed Funded Loan targets via proactively converting inbound and outbound sales leads into applications/funded loans.
• Focus on the Customer via optimal product / rate program recommendations to potential customers; maintain follow up on all potential customers to secure new loan applications, set appropriate expectations and follow through via active communication throughout transaction and after loan closing.
• Accurately source all leads, log all contacts with prospects, and follow-up with referral sources.
• Responsible for adhering to all call monitoring attributes based on the standards set by the business.
• Actively develop referral relationships with Branches, Realtors, and other Centers of Influence
• Provide feedback on lead quality to management team and referral sources.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistently high level of accuracy during the application process.
• Responsible for actively managing pipeline of mortgages as they move through the origination process.
• Cross Selling or referring other Chase products.
• Manage changing mix of daily inbound and outbound call volume
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMC's review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008. As such, upon active employment with JPMorgan Chase, you will be required to either register on NMLS or reregister and move your previous registration to JPMorgan Chase's registration rolls. Your continued employment in this position with JPMorgan Chase is contingent upon successful registration immediately after your start date and annual renewal of your registration thereafter. In addition, information obtained during the registration process may impact your employment with the firm.
Any of the completed information you provide during the Chase on-line application process may be transferred, on your behalf, to NMLS by Chase. Please carefully review the information you provide to Chase for accuracy and consistency and with any current NMLS record, if applicable, before submitting.
Further information about NMLS and the requirements of registration can be found at: http://mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org/SAFE/Pages/default.aspx
• Prefer two years of commission based mortgage sales experience
• Prefer two years of residential mortgage experience
• College degree preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Extremely detail oriented. Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary.
• Highly organized with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines timely.
• Demonstrated ability in providing superior customer service and consultative selling
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.