Company Secretary – Vice President
J.P. Morgan is seeking to recruit an experienced qualified company secretarial professional to take direct responsibility for the provision of company secretarial services to our clients.
· Management of direct reports
· Mentoring and development of direct reports
· Preparation of board and committee papers
· Attendance at board and shareholder meetings
· Drafting of minutes of meetings
· Preparation and release of company announcements to the London Stock Exchange
· Timetabling, drafting and proofing of annual & interim financial accounts
· Review and sign-off of statutory filings
· Review and sign-off of share buy backs, issuances & conversions
· Review and sign-off of month end reporting to the AIC
· Liaison with 3rd party payroll providers
· Ensure timely delivery of all client outputs (including those originating from outsource service
· Adopt flexible approach to ensure client deadlines are met
· Recommend and/or initiate corrective action when service levels fall short of standard
· Proactively work to maintain and enhance client relationships
· Assist with the planning of client meetings and visits
· Assist with the take on of new business
· Ensure full functional understanding of (and compliance with) operational risk processes & controls
· Identify and remediate any risk issues in accordance with internal risk policies
· Supervise the preparation of procedures & checklists and conduct ongoing review of existing procedures & checklists
· Experience providing company secretarial support to UK listed investment trusts & companies
· Technical knowledge of:
o UK Companies Act
o FCA Listing, Prospectus, Disclosure & Transparency Rules
o FRC / AIC Codes of Corporate Governance
· Technical knowledge of Guernsey and Jersey legislation and regulations would also be advantageous
· Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communications skills - both written and oral
· Ability to liaise effectively with peers and clients at various level of seniority
· Must be pro-active and responsive
· Must have the ability to work accurately under pressure and to tight deadlines
The individual should be self-motivated, innovative, analytical and be able to work well on their own or within a team environment.
The individual must be able to travel to attend both UK and offshore board meetings as required.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.