Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) serves as the central provider of technology infrastructure to JPMorgan Chase. GTI has launched a major, intensive, multi-year effort to improve and enhance the security posture of firmwide applications on behalf of JPMC's Lines of Business (LOB's). In conformance with GTI's Plan-Build-Operate model for distributed systems, a cross-tower team (GTI Messaging/Integration Services) is being developed and empowered to support this effort.
The Global Technology Infrastructure Core Foundation Services team (GTI CFS) is responsible for providing end-to-end support for critical technologies that are used across the company. This includes Configuration and Orchestration, Identity Management, Name Services, Enterprise Monitoring Solutions, and automation tools used to manage these technologies.
The Core Control Services team within CFS is seeking a candidate for leading application security controls transformation and adoption program across lines of businesses. The candidate will be responsible for developing a service for delivering enhanced controls adoption and application migration to the target state.
The candidate must have proven experience in successfully driving a large-scale transformation initiative, preferably in application security enhancements. Required to possess working knowledge in privileged access management and secure application interaction with Kerberos. Must be able to work in a global team setting and adapt to dynamic requirements.
This position is for an Executive Director, Senior Program and Project Manager who will lead major cross-organizational / LOB or cross-business unit programs and project teams to deliver significant business results / deliverables.
- Leads a large, complex and / or highly-visible program that has significant financial, reputational or regulatory risk and requires deep and broad subject matter expertise
- Directs cross-organizational program teams through project lifecycle from initiation to project execution, including executive approval and multiple demand management processes
- Directs overall project team activities and monitor progress, including project health, capacity planning, developing and mentoring staff and internal process improvement activity
- Assists one or more major business units by acting as the thought leader for program-related activities: turning strategic plans into programs, identifying project framework, defining resource needs, and navigating the resource-demand processes
- Communicates effectively with senior management via multiple channels
- Resolves conflict through expert collaboration and broad decision-making
- Manages budget for assigned projects or program, monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly
People Management & Leadership
- Builds cohesive, winning teams through strong communication and involvement of all team members
- Takes action to develop and provide team with resources and opportunities to maximize performance
- Open to different points of view and constructive feedback
- Recognized as subject matter expert, trusted partner or role model
- Able to manage influence and motivation upward and downward
- Ability to develop and articulate well thought out business case and its financial / bottom line impacts
- Understands interdependencies between multiple variables and must consider tradeoffs and impact of decisions
- Anticipates and resolves both customer and general issues with a sense of urgency
- Contributes to setting and driving the strategic direction for the department
Client Focus/ Partnership
- Acts as a strategic partner to clients - balances client / customer needs with those of the firm
- Engages organization in introducing ideas for improving client service
- Mobilizes resources across boundaries to solve issues in a productive manner
- Pursues cross functional opportunities to improve customer experience or meet customer needs
Risk & Controls
- Demonstrates superior judgment to mitigate risk that could impact the firm’s reputation
- Identifies and pursues root-cause analysis of risk / compliance issues client / customer complaints
- Fosters an environment where risk / control issues are escalated, and trends are anticipated and identified
- Enables transparency by communicating the impacts of changing market, credit, reputational and / or finance risks and through regular maintenance of updates to policies / procedures
We are looking for a self-motivated leader who is enthusiastic and has a keen interest in understanding the business and managing risk. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational skills, excellent program / project management skills, a solid understanding of risk and controls for the firm and the ability to address issues independently, even when working under pressure, with challenging deadlines. Given that the role will involve communicating with employees at varying levels, with diverse functional roles, the individual will need strong communication and negotiation skills.
- 12+ years of experience in / knowledge of more than one of the following areas: Program / Project Management, Controls, Risk, Technology, Audit, Legal / Compliance
- Strong track record of driving and delivering results
- Demonstrated experience in program / project management including identifying, remediating and escalating issues or risks, as necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of detail and form, depending on the audience (including executive presentations)
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and ability to multi task and deliver to a tight deadline
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Experience and proven ability in developing management reports, gathering /analyzing complex data, developing accurate conclusions and providing recommendations with sufficient comprehension of the business to understand risk implications
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence people at all levels across organizational boundaries
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically
- Vendor engagement experience preferred
- Experience identifying strategic improvements and delivering measurable change in a planned manner