As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
· Minimum 5-8 years of continuous J2EE development experience on large/medium sized projects.
· Proven experience in building/enhancing business critical systems.
· Strong familiarity with design patterns and object-oriented principles like SOLID.
· Following technology experience is must have:
§ Very strong fundamentals on Core Java & Java EE.
§ Enterprise scale messaging experience in JMS or derived JMS technologies.
§ Spring Boot, Spring IOC and Spring Junits.
§ Automated unit testing and mocking frameworks.
§ Relational database experience (Oracle preferred).
§ Working knowledge of continuous integration environment with technologies like Jenkins.
§ Experience on linux environment is a must.
· Following technology experience is strongly desirable
§ Experience in distributed messaging technology like Kafka and/or MQ.
§ Experience on Spring Batch and Spring Integration.
§ Working knowledge on Cassandra.
§ Working knowledge on Cucumber.
§ Knowledge in industry messages like SWIFT/ISO 20022.
§ Working knowledge in Micro Services/Restful Services/Swagger.
§ Working knowledge in Docker/Cloud technologies.
Other non-technical skills:
· Banking domain knowledge with a preference for payment systems or treasury products.
· Some recent and successful experience in a properly functioning agile team would be extremely advantageous.
· Work independently with very little supervision.
· Work with requirements which may not be available to the last level of detail.
· Come up with proposals for low level technical solutions.
· Produce quality code where code review process is largely reduced to functional issue tracking.
· Work with technical lead to produce quality solutions.
A university degree; a degree in an engineering or computer science discipline is preferred.
· Very strong analytical and problem solving skills, with good decision making abilities.
· Very good written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong focus on high quality deliverables meeting tight deadlines.
· Very strong passion for technology with a strong interest in the latest development best practices and frameworks.
· Culturally sensitive in a role that spans regions and time zones.
· An agile mindset and a broad skillset - willing to do whatever it take to help the team deliver.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.