JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan and Chase brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
The Digital Wealth Management Digital team is charged with creating a fully integrated, elegant and seamless digital experience across the entire life cycle for both clients and advisors, creating a compelling Omni-channel experience that both creates efficiencies for clients and advisors and enhances their relationships. We build the strategic vision and execute programs to bring to life this digital experience, driving 360-degree client engagement. Our organization works closely with the business, both in Global Wealth Management and Chase Wealth Management, with teams aligned to front-office regions, service teams, strategy and solutions teams, marketing and technology. This structure enables us to create solutions that drive revenue, increase advisor efficiency, improve client satisfaction and grow market share.
The Digital Wealth management team is looking for motivated, forward thinking individuals with a singular focus of delivering innovative advice and investing platforms with expertise in money movement for web and mobile. The Product Manager will utilize his or her business knowledge related to financial services and/or institutions to lead the process of translating business needs into system requirements. He or she will work extensively with business, product, and IT team members to ensure the implementation of the product vision.
The Product Manager for Self-Service will focus on development of digital capabilities for wealth management, allow users to manage their profiles and accounts more independently and improve the client experience. As such, while the business, product and IT partners will be responsible for specific deliverables within their areas of expertise, the Product Manager will provide overall guidance and management of both business elements of the work stream (e.g. determination of the desired product features, structuring key elements of the user interface, etc.) as well as technical/operating model elements (roles, responsibilities, processes, tools / technology, etc.). In addition, he/she will own the resulting business requirements for the work stream.
Successful Product Manager will exhibit strong client focus, intellectual curiosity, excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and ability to prioritize and structure the work effectively to achieve a desired outcome within a specified time frame. As such, while not required, prior experience with business transformation programs / teams will be helpful.
- Perform consumer research including competitive analysis
- Elicit, drive and write business requirements process for projects and work orders by owning the creation, visualization, documentation, translation and management of product requirements. (This includes creating and maintaining a repository of requirements.)
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and ensure consistency; determine cross impacts; distinguish user requests from the underlying user needs
- Document traceability of requirements to business objectives – ensure that all requirements are all in support of the business case
- Participate in product roadmap evolution and feasibility determinations
- Develop scope of product offerings for short and long term product roadmap
- Lead design sessions with key partners to address critical business, operating model and process questions, to serve as input into business requirements
- Define and manage milestones, and schedules. Create project schedule, communication plan, tracking & reporting variables
- Partner with design team to develop and test concepts
- Lead development of Agile efficient practices for digital Wealth management team, working in partnership with key business, IT, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with the Partner organizations to make sure operational processes and infrastructure is viable
- Participate in UAT execution (as coordinated by the Project Manager) to ensure it ties back to the requirements. Access data to support requirements when needed or to determine ongoing health or success of a product (e.g., web analytics, Voice of Customer, call center data, error messages, and other business case data elements)
- Ensure the JP Morgan brand is highlighted in the right way and that all appropriate regulations (including regulatory oversight and processes) are all satisfied
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Focus – is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of all customers, solicits first hand stakeholder feedback and is able to translate that feedback into improvement ideas and initiative; acts with both internal and external customers in mind; creates and maintains effective relationships with all customers
- Decision Quality – makes sound decisions based on a mix of analysis, experience and judgment; most solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate
- Innovation – is good at bringing the creative ideas of other to market; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can predict potential outcomes of ideas
- Learning Agility – learns quickly when facing new opportunities and/or problems; enjoys the challenge of new and ambiguous tasks; analyzes both successes and failure for improvement ideas; quickly grasps the underlying needs of requests
- Problem Solving – uses sound methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems; doesn't stop at the first or obvious answer; able to read and interpret complex information
- 2-4 years work experience in product development, preferably in financial services. Exposure to wealth management and banking is not a prerequisite but preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to research, capture, articulate, debate, distill, and communicate the business requirements to a wide range of shareholders
- Presentation, visualization, and storytelling skills are a plus
- Experience in launching a digital product or a major client-facing application
- Demonstrated ability to bring deliverables to completion under concurrent and rigorous regulatory, time-to-market, and customer-centric pressures in a fast-paced, dynamic environment