JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world
Vice President, Software Engineering (DW)
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Manage a local team of developers to deliver key projects in a timely manner.
- Manage priorities and client communication.
- Develop web applications and integrating with databases.
- Take part in full project lifecycle, for both development and support projects, including estimation.
- Work in a highly energetic, multi-faceted, international environment showing ability to quickly assess technical challenges and respond appropriately.
- Preparing test plans and performing system testing. Coordinate testing with QA and UAT teams
- Work on and lead projects with demanding timescales.
- Keep track of issues and requests and ensure proper follow-up and closure.
- Strong client focus, as this individual will work closely with clients, users and managers.
The Senior Data Warehouse Lead is responsible for eliciting requirements; designing operational/dimensional data models, preparing written technical design documents; developing complex extract/transform/load routines using PL/SQL and Informatica Power Center, performing intensive data analysis; plan and conduct integrated testing of ETL and Reporting with Quality Assurance; and migrating releases into various Test, UAT and Production environments. Candidate must have the ability to work effectively in a demanding multi-project, multi-team environment. Must have strong Oracle, Unix, Linux skills, and demonstrated experience with large multi-terabyte, partitioned warehouse systems. Experience with Java a plus.
This is a hands-on role that will mentor fellow ETL developers, drive the design and architecture, and will work closely with global development teams, to coordinate requirements and development work between Business Analysts/Business Users. They will also possess deep technical expertise in ETL design, and Business Intelligence solutions (reporting and analytics).
In addition, this role performs non-development work to include production support specifically, monitoring scheduled jobs; reviewing the results to determine success/failure; documenting success/failure; troubleshooting failures; providing up-to-date communication with the user community; and maintaining documentation
- 10+ years of database technology experience with concentration in Very Large Databases
- 4+ years design/architect for large scale data warehouses and BI solutions, encompassing industry standard methodologies.
- Strong data modeling skills
- In-depth knowledge of multiple RDBMS, warehouse systems
- Expert SQL skills for DB2, Oracle, SQL Server (t-SQL, PL/SQL, in a data warehouse setting)
- Strong ETL experience with design and optimization techniques using Informatica
- Java experience a plus
- Develop and communicate best practices and coding standards ensuring adherence to sound data warehouse principles
- Ability to influence and drive proper architecture decisions to meet strategic vision
- Contribute to the design of Master Data Management and Meta Data Repository solutions
- Version control software experience, SVN preferred or GIT
- Possess strong communication and client management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Big Data (Hadoop/Cloudera/Pentaho) a plus
- Agile a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you