JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business (LOB) to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution, and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale
across the firm.
GTI Service Operations (SO) is responsible for service support and delivery for JPMorgan Chase's (JPMC) Global Technology Infrastructure. Through its Global Service Desk and Infrastructure Operations Centers, Global Service Operations (GSO) provides global, coordinated diagnostic and support services, while Production Assurance and Support functions leverage and execute industry leading infrastructure management and support processes that are designed to minimize customer outages and impacts.
As a GSO database administrator, you will work in a global team with follow-the-sun support model which provides 24*7 operational database support functions to all lines of business. You will follow the standard operating model to ensure the database estates are resilient and robust. You will collaborate with database engineering, application development, production support and other technology teams to perform database administration functions which include monitoring, incident management, risk and control, change management, automation and efficiency, new systems, capacity management, business continuity, performance tuning, backup, restore, patching, upgrade and migration.
Database Platforms Microsoft SQL Server
Operating Systems needed: Windows
- 6+ years experience as a DBA supporting Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012. Experience in SSIS, SSAS & OLAP preferred
- Solid experience to setup and support SQL Server Mirroring, Log Shipping, Mirroring/log forwarding, Clustering and other methods of disaster recovery
- Backups/restores, DBCC, reorgs & update statistics
- Solid experience in database migration from one platform to another, patching, upgrade, data loading, security, capacity planning, performance monitoring and tuning
- Ability to analyze traces, debug stored procedures, triggers and package
- Experience in database design and some logical modeling knowledge
- Solid understanding of Windows operating system, LDAP and Active Directory
- Clear understanding of Database Architecture, Operating Systems, Client/Server Architecture, Middleware and Hardware (Servers, SAN, Network)
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills in English language
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other operational support teams and vendors to support the service. Team focus and customer oriented
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ownership and good skills on problem management, problem solving and prevention of SLA breach under Incident / Problem Management processes
- Database auditing
- Financial industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline