Market Risk Middle Office is a group within the Risk Reporting and Middle Office group within Corporate Risk. The group is responsible for Market Risk data control and risk analysis covering various risk processes including VaR, FSI Stress, Stress VaR, Regulatory Capital, Default Exposure, and Volcker.
Market Risk Middle Office has regular dialogue with Market Risk Management, Product Control, LOB Middle Offices, Market Risk Reporting, Regulatory Reporting, and Technology teams across the various lines of business. In addition to providing overall support to the processes mentioned, the team is involved in a variety of initiatives including, for example, the implementation of new regulatory requirements, the identification and implementation of robotics, improvements to the market risk infrastructure and the identification and implementation of overall process improvements to the aforementioned processes.
This role within the Market Risk Middle Office will be performing control processes in support of various risk processes, primarily VaR, Volcker, and Default Exposure. The control processes involve understanding the impact of historical time series issues, calculator issues, and drivers of variances in risk measures as well engagement in the management of hierarchies in support of risk.
The position requires keen focus on controls and the role will assist in the identification and remediation of control gaps. This role may also work on other special projects, as warranted.
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience working within a financial/risk/professional environment
· Strong knowledge of financial markets
· Control mindset
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create and present training materials.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop effective credible relationships with the business and functional partners
· Superior analytical abilities
· Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize
· Attention to details
· Interacts effectively with peers and senior management
· Process-oriented with focus on continuous streamlining/improvementStrong working knowledge of MS Office Suite
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.