JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within Corporate Administrative Office (CAO). Corporate Technology teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top Corporate Technology priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency.
Risk Quantitative Development (RQD) SAS Control Uplift Analyst will be a hands-on technical member that will support the SAS Control Uplift program objectives. The candidate will be responsible to support migration and creation of new applications into the Risk Quantitative Development organization, working directly with the users of the platform. The analyst will need a thorough understanding of the controls surrounding the development, testing and releases of analytic applications in support of various Risk, Finance, Operations and Marketing business processes. The candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of application development controls throughout the SDLC, data structures, data manipulation, distributed processing and automation. The candidate must be intimate with risk products, data systems, data environments and processes that are necessary for the design and implementation of quantitative analytic solutions. The individual also must be an Application Development applied technologist to develop a business engagement to support multiple applications migrations.
The Risk Quantitative Development (RQD) SAS Control Uplift analyst will interface with the business to migrate and/or support development and specialization of SAS applications onto the target state strategic environment. This requires an experienced technical application development resource which would be responsible for performing analysis of complex, cross-line of business functions in order to determine strategies to be adopted by users across the Risk Quantitative Development platforms. The analysis will cover a wide array of topics across environment control, determining target state environments, client-driven change and cross-business priority initiatives. Once analysis is completed, the resource will be expected to manage the development of the initiative through to completion. Success will be measured against the ability to understand the platform usage, including business processes and control requirements at a very detailed level in order make informed recommendations for solutions to be adopted broadly across the platform. This will involve a technical understanding of the software development end to end lifecycle, strong client communication skills and partnership across multiple teams. These projects will need to be completed while adhering to full application level SDLC controls, and it is the responsibility of this individual to enforce control adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analysis skills, hands-on technical, leadership and data systems skills, and must take full ownership of the management of these projects.
- Identifies, assesses, and records tactical and strategic business needs and issues, recommending business priorities, and advising businesses on options, risks, and costs versus benefits.\
- Analyzes business processes, products and operations to create detailed functional and technical business requirements. Communicates these requirements to the development team for the design and implementation of business solutions
- Strong understanding of end-to-end software control standards including Git Bitbucket, Jenkins, Fitnesse etc...
- Examine current state environment control gaps to make recommendations for target state requirements
- Coordination with the business work groups and CCB SAS Steering Committee to address business user demands
- Recognize key issues and risks and facilitate teams to solution, or escalate to senior management
- Identifies, assesses and defines control standards, partnering closely with the Technology Control Office and LOBs
- Analyzes and executes assigned IT Risk Control Self-Assessment tasks
- Provide management and user base with relevant and meaningful reporting
- Guides and advises application teams to make fully informed decisions
- Manages the development lifecycle through to completion
- Deep understanding of business and technologies, with specific expertise in the business area of this LOB
- Identifies, recommends, and implements IT process improvements
- Foresees issues/risks and provides solutions before they are realized
- Determines and manages scope of the project with the Line of Business partners
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or specialized training, equivalent work experience.
SAS product domain knowledge preferred
Must have experience in managing multiple deliverables to different business groups in service delivery manger role and ability to build stronger customer relationships
Agile SDLC delivery experience is strongly preferred
Cloud experience is desirable
Effective written and verbal communication skills along with strong analytical skills
Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Successful achievement in a team environment
Deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
Expertise in managing conflicting priorities under pressure and ability to influence technology partners without authority
Previous experience working in large financial organizations is preferred.