J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
The Finance Control Office (FCO) was created to ensure a strong and consistent control environment across the Finance function, reporting directly into the Firmwide Controller and with matrix reporting into Firmwide Oversight & Control (O&C). FCO is accountable for oversight of control issue identification, escalation, evaluation and remediation and plays an instrumental role in promoting consistency of approach across both Corporate and Line of Business (LoB) teams.
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is a Corporate team which has firmwide ownership of the policies and operating procedures governing the control processes over the firm’s estimates of fair value used for US GAAP reporting purposes. We are looking for a high performing individual to join the FCO team supporting VCG to manage risk assessment and controls execution. The individual will be responsible for the management of the VCG FCO team in Bangalore to support a continuous and integrated approach to risk assessment and control execution and promote more timely risk identification and assessment. They will also support ongoing monitoring and reporting resulting in opportunities to proactively address emerging risks.
The individual will partner extensively with members of VCG, the Firmwide Controllers Team, Audit and the LoB Control Officers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the team’s execution of steady state control programs including RCSA and SOX
- Overseeing the design and implementation of VCG owned policies and operating procedures in response to internal and external commitments, integrating with firmwide programs
- Supporting timely adoption and execution of corporate owned policies and programs including assessment and demonstration of sustainability measures
- Performing deep dive control evaluations to determine root causes, initiate thematic reviews, develop metrics, identify trends and provide quality control for remediation actions
- Optimizing testing including for RCSA, SOX and broader quality assurance to improve efficiency and effectiveness
Candidate will be supporting team in Asia, EMEA & NA and must be willing to work in flexible hours ( UK Shift - 1:00 pm to 10:00pm IST )
- Execution focused self-starter with strong initiative and eye for detail; able to take ownership and work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Comfortable operating in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Responds with flexibility in dynamic environment and comfortable with addressing ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to partner well and influence others
- Process-oriented, with focus on continuous streamlining and improvement
- Candidate will be supporting team in Asia, EMEA & NA and must be willing to work in flexible hours ( UK Shift - 1:00 pm to 10:00pm IST )