J.P. Morgan is one of the world’s largest and most prestigious financial services organisations. The firms Commercial Banking (CB) division represents a strategically important business to the firm, delivering extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service to 30,000+ clients including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion and above.
An opportunity exists to join the China business of J.P. Morgan’s Commercial Banking group in the capacity of Senior Relationship Executive, based in Shanghai.
The China Commercial Banking Team is responsible for the overall relationship management and end-to-end client requirements of the China subsidiaries of our US clients. Leveraging J.P. Morgan’s extensive product and service expertise to meet our client’s domestic and international financial needs, the team provides overall relationship management, credit requirements, transaction services, local market expertise and industry knowledge, combined with active coordination, domestically, regionally and globally to deliver comprehensive solutions across multiple products and service disciplines. Traditional Commercial Banking products and services include, but are not limited to: bilateral and syndicated commercial lending, treasury services, trade finance, foreign exchange, investment banking services and asset management.
The Commercial Banking Relationship Manager in Shanghai will provide client coverage of CB clients’ international subsidiaries in China and work closely with US origination teams (International Product Specialists (IPS) and US parent bankers) as well as Product Specialists from across the firm to identify and support the banking needs and requirements of Commercial Banking clients
• Manage and grow a diverse portfolio of large Commercial Banking clients with a focus on local/regional decision makers based in China. Establish and maintain local contacts with the client’s subsidiary and work closely with US based teams to prospect the new business, increase wallet share of existing clients and cross sell APAC countries. Typical client requirements will focus on financing, trade, and risk & treasury management. Types of credit facilities range from working capital lines with parent guarantee support to syndicated transactions
• Promote and deliver tailored financial solutions to clients via partnership with, and coordination of, all product and service teams across the firm to optimise outcomes.
• Analyse all aspects of credit risk transactions for new and existing clients to develop, negotiate and deliver appropriate transaction, documentation and security structures on behalf of the firm. The role requires strong technical contribution to credit analysis, deal structuring, regulatory, compliance and policy adherence, underwriting, documentation and deal close processes within the firm.
• Promote and sustain engagement and professionalism in dealings with external stakeholders on all matters relating to business operations including but not limited to; clients, prospects, market influencers, industry bodies and associations, external legal counsel, auditors and regulators.
• The highest professional standards, value-add approach and effectiveness in contributing to the strategic direction and performance against business objectives are expected at all times.
• Size up market opportunity, identify, solicit & develop new CB relationships by active local prospecting and execution of key deals originated from the US.
• Take the lead role in preparation and submission of RFPs i.e., lead the end-to-end process.
• Ensure necessary oversight and onshore accountability to support local client on-boarding, partnering with local risk management (e.g., Compliance, Legal, Tax, etc.) and middle/back office teams as needed to support transactional, service or credit activities.
• Responsible for client due diligence to provide the necessary oversight and local accountability to new transactional or service related activities in line with JPM Chase policies and local Regulatory requirements covering credit documents, Compliance, Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Window Guidelines, etc.
• Promote and sustain strong engagement and mutually beneficial relationships with key internal stakeholders including US based IPS teams, TMOs, Parent Bankers, Underwriters and Credit Committees, in addition to local and regional product and service delivery partners, Legal, Compliance, plus mid and back office support teams across the firm.
General Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Minimum 10 years industry experience with a strong command of the China financial services markets, corporate banking products, debt products, cash management, trade finance & derivatives.
• Effective executive who can develop viable strategies as well as take pragmatic steps to execute such strategies to develop and grow the business together with strong commercial judgement.
• Strong understanding of local regulatory requirements including Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Terrorism Financing legislation. Prior experience dealing with SAFE, PBOC, CBRC, etc.
• Extensive relationship management and credit risk management expertise in the corporate market segment. Relevant international banking experience in the US, UK or Asian markets would be a strong advantage.
• Proven expertise in credit analysis, structuring and negotiating domestic and cross border credit risk transactions, both in bilateral and syndicated formats.
• Excellent client relationship management skills together with new business development skills.
• Proven ability to form strong professional partnerships working across lines of business, leveraging internal resources and navigating the firm to deliver the desired outcomes.
• Excellence in oral and written communication (English and Chinese) with proven strength for personal engagement.
• Flexibility to co-ordinate and manage multiple transactions and processes contemporaneously ensuring delivery against deadlines, client expectations and business priorities.
• Ability to work consistently across different time zones and geographies, across diverse product and service capabilities dealing with numerous and overlapping stakeholders.
• MBA/Degree Qualified in Business, Finance, Accounting and/or Economics
• CFA or CPA is a strong advantage
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.