The Infrastructure Automation Engineer focuses on working with a team of engineers to develop automation solutions. The candidate must be able to create end to end system models, ensure technology interoperability and flexible integration with other systems through application programming interfaces. Documentation is a must for existing and proposed solutions, as well as the ability to provide troubleshooting support.
In the role of Infrastructure Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for:
•Analysis of the organization's business needs
•Solution proposals to meet the business needs including build vs. buy analysis
•Design and development of infrastructure automation including build and provisioning solutions that are fault tolerant and scalable
•Defining best practices and measures
•Analyze emerging technologies in the automation space, translating implications of the technologies into an effective IT vision and strategy
•Keep up-to-date on industry trends and the latest technology innovations to forecast solutions, and anticipate emerging business changes
•Lead and influence the design and development of standards, API payloads, and interfaces
•Lead and influence decisions regarding changes to systems and applications
•Collaborate with other technologists across Global Technology to assess the current state, develop an end state vision and a road map to implement it
Strong Business Partnership:
•Articulates the business value and impact of advanced technical and non-technical information with ease and knows when to seek management assistance
•Documents medium-to-large scale projects and delivers presentations to a wide variety of audiences with minimal supervision
•Actively provides feedback and strategic recommendations
•Collaborates interactively with interface partners to ensure that API solutions are complete, resilient, robust and easy to troubleshoot
•Affects change within sphere of influence and leads development of innovative improvements
Proficiency in the following:
· Perl, Python, Java, Shell/PowerShell
· Linux (RHEL), Windows experience (admin experience)
· Familiarity with provisioning tools such as CFEngine, Puppet & SCCM
•Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
•7+ years experience building scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably in a Unix or Windows platform
•Understanding of Agile and Scrum development concepts.
•Experience working in a regulated Industry (Financial Services, Healthcare, etc.)
•Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· In-depth experience in integrated infrastructure solutions that span multiple layers that define an overall technology platform or ecosystem.
· Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem solving techniques with attention to detail.
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to effectively operate with senior management.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
· Strong ability to understand client and management expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery.
· Strong ability to mentor, coach and train engineers.
· Strong ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones.
Nice to have:
· Experience with Ansible
· Familiar with Volume manager and Clustering technologies
· Web UI development
· Splunk experience
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.