JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Firmwide Backtesting is responsible for performing VaR backtesting - the comparison of daily P&L against daily VaR and review of commentaries received from Product Controllers and Market Risk Coverage to explain for VaR exceptions. VaR backtesting is a regulatory and capital reporting requirement used for VaR model performance evaluation and RWA capital calculation.
Candidate will join a global team with presence in NYC, London, and Bangalore, India. Backtesting programs are conducted at the Firmwide, Line of Business, regional, country, and Legal Entity levels. Candidate will be involved with supporting daily reporting functions, ad hoc requests, and projects.
- Perform backtesting which involves comparing and analyzing P&L against VaR.
- Report and review backtesting results and commentaries with stakeholders in the Market Risk Management, Regulatory Capital Management Office, Risk Controllers, and Market Risk Basel Group.
- Meet deadlines on deliverables to financial regulators and internal stakeholders.
- Data mine and analyze large volumes of data and be comfortable in making changes and improvements to existing processes.
- Develop and maintain procedure documentation for all reporting processes and deliverables.Develop and maintain relationships with various stakeholders and partners including internal Finance teams, Product Control, Market Risk Management, Market Risk Technology, Market Risk Quantitative Research, Market Risk Basel Group, Regulatory Capital Management Office, Risk Controllers, and others
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1 – 2 years of experience with financial products.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills with VBA programming experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Knowledge in market risk management concepts, derivatives and financial trading, the Greeks and market risk sensitivities (Delta, Gamma, Vega, etc) is a plus.
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to manage and enhance control issues around processes and reporting.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.