J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Wealth Management is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to Ultra High Net Worth individuals and families around the world. We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm.
Wealth Management is involved with every facet of wealth management, including investments, wealth structuring, philanthropy, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of depth and breadth.
The Client Service group is responsible for managing and facilitating the daily unique and complex service needs of the Private Bank’s client base. Service is delivered in a team-based model with key locations in the US, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Asia Private Banking, Client Service
We are currently seeking a dynamic and dedicated professional to join our team. In the role as Client Service Manager (SM), he/she is primarily responsible for all of the activities of his/her team of between 5 to 15 Client Service Specialists (CSS) and is responsible for day to day management, training, coaching and career development of service professionals. The SM will work closely with Senior Service Managers to assist in collaboration with front office, operations and with all other control partners to help CSS deliver seamless and integrated experience to our clients across all products. Products include deposit, banking, custody, investment management, fiduciary, credit, foreign exchange and private investments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to following
- Lead and people manage a team of CSS responsible for day to day account administration, servicing and approvals for transactions and process exceptions as per GWM policies and procedures.
- Manage team's daily work load and adherence to instruction timelines.
- Manage escalation and provide guidance and/or recommend solutions based on specific client needs.
- Manage Hiring, Performance and Coaching of team members.
- Demonstrate high acuity to Risk and control and ensure all relevant KPIs and KRIs are met. Ensure and enable high levels of accuracy, timeliness and seamless client serving within risk and control framework.
- Be an SME in Bank’s processes and procedures especially if it relates to Client Service’s process.
- Research, follow-up and resolve escalated client issues and problems through effective interaction with clients, bankers, product partners, branch/operations areas, and other partners in a timely and professional manner.
- Meet with and collaborates with internal stakeholders, bankers and product partners to enable service levels expected of Private Banking Service team.
- Facilitate alignments and collaborations with the ITM and enable Client service team to perform at full potential.
- Participate in strategic development and implementation of Client Service operating model, and help validate proposed ideas/plans prior to implementation.
- Lead/participate proactively in special projects and initiatives within Client Service and be positive change agent in transformation
Qualifications and Essential Experiences
- Demonstrated strong performance of at least 7+ years working experience in Private Bank Client Service/Relationship Manager and/or similar roles, with solid understanding of Private Banking investments products and the relevant operational aspects of Private Banking cash products such as money transfers, loans, time deposits and investment products such as Funds, Securities and Fiduciary Service Structure (Trustee) etc including understanding of the documentation and securities settlement requirements
- Top notch interpersonal skills with service mindset towards external and internal clients. Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Strong leadership and management abilities; must be able to think strategically. Solid communication, time management and interpersonal skills; must be able to diffuse conflict diplomatically.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with other Managers, Bankers and other members of Integrated team and other internal stakeholders and partners
- Adaptable and able to work in a demanding and unpredictable environment, detail-oriented and results-focused
- Strong acuity to managing metrics, reporting and other tools to evidence managerial oversight and project /task deliverables to be met
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; with ability to influence and engage others .
- Good project management skills; must be able to engage all participants and meet deadlines/deliverables.
- Must understand and comply with the regulations, policies and procedures related to these products and services, and reinforce with their team the possible financial liabilities of the transactions associated with these products and services if they are not executed properly.
- Strong comprehension of how data and information flow through the firm's processing and reporting systems, and an in-depth understanding of all operation roles and inter-dependencies.
- Experience managing a Service function or equivalent with financial services experience at a supervisory or managerial level
- Experience in Private Bank
- Advantage if in addition to English and Mandarin, has fluency in written and spoken Mandarin including knowledge of both simplified and traditional Chinese characters to be capable to deal with clients
- Possess judgment and discretion in working with highly confidential information
- Knowledge of all relevant systems and software packages such as e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel and other information sources
- Working knowledge of key areas of the firm (e.g., JPMorgan Funds, Cash Services, Retail Branch Network, Credit Products, Securities Operations and Client Information).
- Solid understanding of systems and databases used within the Private Bank