JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 260,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking.
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at J.P. Morgan. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with clients and each other to generate positive change in our local and global communities every single day. We are committed to your growth and development. We offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go and leaders who will support you in getting there.
JPMorgan Wealth Management delivers the highest quality advice, service, capabilities and products to high net worth individuals and families in 36 countries around the world. We deliver highly customized and tailored solutions to help clients with the many complexities they face by leveraging the commercial and investment banking capabilities of the firm. WM addresses every facet of wealth management from investment management and brokerage to tax and estate planning, credit, raising of capital, and specialty wealth advisory services.
Investment Solutions provides WM clients with investment management solutions across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds.
This position will be a member within Asset and Wealth Management's Manager Research Team, reporting to its Director of Equity Manager Research. The employee will lead the Systematic Research Effort responsible for both fundamental and quantitative research of investment strategies for use within Wealth Management's various investment programs focusing on multi-asset class managed solutions. The position will be focused on implementing, maintaining and enhancing a newly designed Systematic Research Investment Team based on a proprietary investment model created to implement a robust and uniform lens through which to evaluate investment managers across a broad range of asset classes.
- Support the use, implementation and improvement of tools for investment analysis utilized by the team
- Analyze output from proprietary investment model and communicate results to relevant parties
- Conduct strategic reviews and research on investment model to augment investment results for portfolio of global strategies
- Provide thought leadership on conducting manager research
- Interact with Portfolio Managers to ensure desired managers reflect current investment thinking
- Liaise with other research analysts as well as the technology team to provide design requirements for enhancements to the investment model and tools within proprietary investment research and analytics platform
- Articulate the manager research systematic research process and results to internal partners and investment advisors
- Grow and maintain comprehensive platform of global equity, fixed income and liquid alternative solutions
- Maintain a consistent and strong focus on risk management and compliance
- Rigorous analytical mindset with a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Clear passion for financial markets and investing
- Creative thinking
- Deep understanding of a broad range of financial and investment principles
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Effective communication skills (listening, verbal, and written)
- Sound judgment and discretion
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization capabilities
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelors degree
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience within asset management such as equity research, credit research and/or portfolio management is a plus but not required
- MBA and/or CFA (or CFA candidate)
- Competence in applying quantitative analysis
- Ability to manage projects and priorities within a fast paced, large and multifaceted organization