JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM)
is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Technology Controls (TC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase’s Controls and IT Risk agendas with a focus on risk reduction, stability, security, delivery, resiliency and efficiencies. TC’s focus on standardization, consistency and simplicity fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across JPMorgan Chase. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Cloud Controls, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management.
Global Identity & Access Management
Global Identity and Access Management provides identity and access management solutions for the firm's infrastructure and applications. The team ensures that appropriate access controls are in place and applied effectively and continuously.
Access Intelligence Chief of Staff
The will be responsible for working across multiple teams to understand status, challenges and be able to communicate updates to senior management. This position will also be responsible for setting direction, removing barriers, connecting teams, overseeing audit engagements, working with external vendors and overall program management ensuring that all initiatives are aligned to the firm wide vision. You will also function as a Program Manager, providing support across multiple Technology and Controls programs including cloud controls, access intelligence, machine learning and automation.
The Chief of Staff position will be responsible for managing through influence in addition to a direct team of business analysts and project managers.
• Ownership of large issues and drive to completion
• Delivering road maps and clear expectations to customers
• Organize and coordinate staff functions and activities
• Coordinate strategic business initiatives and guide to completion
• Oversee projects across a multiple teams
• Lead virtual teams
• Identify integration points between projects
• Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams
• Deliver progress reports to senior executive audiences
• Identify areas of poor performance and make recommendations
• Finance reporting
• Develop strategic presentations for both internal and external audiences
• Mentor and coach colleagues
• Oversee multiple work stream
• Defining and deconstructing problems simultaneously
- Minimum 10 years of technology management experience is required with a combination of the background highly desired:
- Technology Access Management, Cyber Security, Technology Risk, or IT Audit experience
- Cloud and/or Identity & Access Management (IAM)
- Big Data, Machine Learning and/or Statistical data analysis
- Advanced Project Management / Program Management experience
- Minimum 5 years of people leadership experience
- Experience leading geographically dispersed and culturally diverse teams
- Strong presentation skills both verbally and ability to create presentations
- Distinctive end-to-end problem solving skills, strong conceptual and analytical capabilities
- Ability to establish good working relationships with team members, colleagues, and external organizations
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to effectively multitask
- Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field