The Global Technology Financial Metrics & Resource Management team provides executive financial oversight for the Global Technology organization’s 44,000 resources and $9.6B cost base, partnering with all lines of business finance teams to deliver consolidated global metrics, reporting and analysis across the Firm. Additionally, this group is highly engaged with senior most leaders in Finance & Business Management, LOB CFO and F&BM teams, Technology CIO, Investor Relations and Corporate FP&A. The GT FM&RM group reports into the CFO of Global Technology Finance & Business Management and the role is located in Jersey City, NJ.
Description of the position:
A highly-motivated, self-starter is required to support key strategic programs and must have a proven track record of superior problem solving skills through previous experience in corporate finance, program management, financial controls, business/technology, senior management presentation creation and influence management skills. The candidate will work directly with business and financial leads within Enterprise Technology and all four Tech lines of business in order to execute on all strategic plans, agendas, projects, action items and key deliverables. The candidate will assist in the build-out of reporting metrics to influence Finance & Technology Senior Management decision making. The role demands strong analytical skills, creative presentation skills, technical abilities, flexibility to manage multiple work related deliverables and an ability to recommend and influence change.
· Key partner with the various Enterprise Technology and LOB Tech Finance and Business Manager Lead teams to provide transparency and insight to technology expenses, risks & opportunities, run rate analysis, efficiency programs, and resource strategy agenda
· Ensure processes are in place to provide the proper level of transparency on expenses with a focus on key drivers; Drive change
· Own continuous review of processes with the goal of providing timely and accurate Management Reporting
· Provide monthly financial reporting and analytics in support of the Technology F&BM CFO
· Become a critical point of contact for Technology LOB business priorities and resource management outlooks/forecasts and annual plan processes
· Consolidation and review of Global Technology taxonomy reporting and related project detail, ensuring the details captured in multiple sources support the overall messaging and plans at a business level
· Manage completion of monthly corporate deliverables, including interaction with Finance teams to provide commentary and walk forwards of monthly expense trends, movements and risks.
· Perform ad hoc resource analysis and actuals research at the GT and ET levels, as needed upon request
· Lead & research data anomalies/issues, identify changes in trends, provide qualitative and quantitative story for projections and related supporting documentation
· This role is meant to be a change agent leadership role, creating innovative ways to help senior management run and execute strategic priorities part
The ideal candidate should posses strong project management, planning, inter-personal skills including strong oral and written communication, negotiation skills, and business influence and management knowledge. The candidate must be self-motivated, results-oriented, and have a strong sense to act and follow through and be resourceful.
· 15+ years of experience in financial/business management
· Strong working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Hyperion Essbase
· Superior analytical and influence management abilities; Leadership attributes
· Be a team player who is easy to work with, shows commitment and dedication, and can maintain both a positive attitude and high level of performance on high demand/time-sensitive initiatives
· Interface with all levels in the organization from senior management to process participants
· Develop and summarize data analysis and create innovative reporting views based on a set of facts and/or defined assumptions; facilitate /obtain buy-in for desired objectives or strategies
· Ensure consistent business practices across LOB Technology organizations
· Ability to present analysis and key messages effectively and in simple terms to others
· Ability to juggle multiple activities simultaneously while staying on top of deliverables and ensuring accuracy, on time delivery and in scope
· Attention to detail is critical to the success of this candidate
· Ability to complete work within timely deadlines…with a sense of urgency
· Self Starter, confident, and able to work in groups or alone; Lead/influence resources not reporting into role
· Background in the technology environment is preferred but not required
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.