JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business
and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the
The Enterprise Compute Services (ECS) organization within GTI plays a critical role in providing and supporting global enterprise systems that host business applications at the core of JPMorgan Chase’s business. These applications
support the full range of businesses at the firm including wholesale, high volume consumer, and high net worth clients.
As a Senior Application Developer, you will design, develop, code, test, debug and document Managed File Transfer applications to satisfy requirements of one or more user areas. You will also provide comprehensive technical
expertise to business unit and IT management and staff at the highest technical level. You will work closely with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes. Additionally, you will research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Work closely with business and service delivery team to ensure appropriate business measures are defined
- Create technical design recommendations for developing and integrating programs per written specifications
- Examine applications to ensure adherence to Application Engineering guidelines, processes and procedures
- Utilize multiple programming languages and software technologies to ensure applications are suitably fit for use and
admissible for maintenance/upgrades
- Test, modify, and implement application codes; make standard modifications to existing software applications and
modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards
- Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and
address underlying system problems and inefficiencies
- Engage third party suppliers on applications support issues
- 5 to 7 yrs of experience in core Java 1.6 or 1.7
- 5 to 7 yrs of experience in J2EE, Hibernate, Spring frameworks
- Hands-on experience in developing multi-tier web applications using Java, J2EE, MVC, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, HTML, JQuery, AngularJS, JSON and XML
- Good understanding with hands on experience in building SOA and RESTFul API’s.
- Strong knowledge of server side design patterns and continuous delivery principles.
- Good understanding with hands on experience in TDD, Junit, Jenkins, Maven and Ant
- Good understanding of spring and other open source frameworks.
- Knowledge of Relational database such as Oracle, MySQL
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to cloud computing is a plus
- Exposure to scripting languages such as python, shell and perl is a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.