experienced Vice President, Software Engineering Manager
, your mission is to lead our team of
innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve
the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics,
development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team
raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and
functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be
counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical
problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge
technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of
all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global
network of technologists from around the world.
Selected individual will:
- Manage a team of engineers, providing individuals with
constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance; staff coaching on
technical matters and delivering on other job-related responsibilities;
conducting performance reviews, appraisals and personal development
planning with each team member; and promoting effective teamwork to
resolve interpersonal issues.
- Ensure team maintains compliance with Change Management,
Software Development Life Cycle and development standards including
leading code reviews, developing and reviewing implementation plans and
contingency plans, and participating in disaster recovery planning and
- Maintain Partnerships with the Architecture group in defining and designing target
state architecture and a strategic roadmap for achieving the goals of
the team and company.
- Drive resource and capacity management across the teams to support
project slotting and allocation of assignments across the teams.
- Own technical team's deliverables in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Drive transformation of delivery through adoption of Agile development practices in accordance with CCB standards.
- Develop solutions with respect to existing equipment capacities,
budgets, technical direction, staffing and priority in relation to other
- Drive development plans to support company objectives and business unit/department needs.
role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
understanding of financial control and budget management
to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to
achieve common goals
- 5+ years of combined business, project management, team leadership & IT experience
years of relevant development life cycle experience in systems and
applications management including systems/application design
- 3 years Team Management experience required
- Experience in leading and managing Java or .Net development as well as other technologies, and design techniques with experience working across large environments with multiple operating systems / infrastructure
- Proven experience leading Agile development teams to maturity
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage team
members and external business contacts including consultants and vendors
- Strong project management and team management skills e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management
- Demonstrated track record of delivering multiple, complex technical projects on time/within budget
- Experience in full-lifecycle project management methodologies and tools including iterative development models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated
ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the
organization including senior management.
- Cross LOB solution delivery experience
Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve
nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities
and non-profits. You’ll support the
delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from
personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit
cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused
on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital
experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve
our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just
working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of
one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs
worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy
everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile
solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,
cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+
annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create
innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services
industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of
every employee, and we're building a technology organization that
thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career
development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're
looking to build your career as part of a global technology team
tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies
around the world, we want to meet you.