J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
Country Risk Reporting is responsible for providing risk data and analysis to Country Risk Management and Senior Management. The team is responsible for reporting risk exposures across market, credit, country, model and legal entity risk to facilitate a clear understanding and timely management of risk across the firm. Additionally, the team is responsible for managing country crisis reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This role is part of Country Risk Reporting. There is a heavy analytical nature to this role which requires the ability to have a conceptual conversation with the business and turn that into a high quality end-product with appropriate analytical commentary. The right candidate must understand and challenge the numbers, and be able to tell the story behind them. Additionally, the candidate needs to understand data flows, investigate and remediate data issues between upstream source systems and the Country Risk Infrastructure.
The role entails the collection, aggregation and analysis of data to produce KPI [Key Performance Indicators]/Metrics reports for Country, Principal and Model Risk Reporting. In addition, the role will entail production of Country Reports/Country Legal Entity Reports which are used by Senior Risk Management to monitor the firm’s overall risk to selected countries. Topics covered within the job profile include derivative, loans and commitments, issuer positions, internal country ratings, new business initiatives, country strategy papers, exposure and stress against Country Limits, and other risk analyses. The right candidate must have strong analytical skills along with a drive for attention to details. Desirable background includes an understanding of either market risk or credit risk concepts, and must be able to understand and explain complex stress calculations and the theory behind them.
The team interacts heavily with the Country Risk Management, Credit Risk Management, various Middle Offices, Credit and Market Risk Reporting, Risk F&BM, Investor Relations and Technology.
There is a critical need to focus on ensuring that the risk reporting is comprehensive, useable, and accurate so that all levels of risk management can use it to understand and manage the business in a timely and effective manner.
Specific responsibilities/deliverables include:
- Contribute to the team’s monthly reporting to Senior Management of KPI/Metrics for Country, Principal and Model Risk Reporting:
Contribute to the Country Risk Reporting team’s weekly country reporting to Senior Management
- Lead preparation in collection, aggregation and analysis of data relating to Country, Principal and Model Risk Reporting. Provide insight to senior managers as to method of calculations, including changes, and factors driving compilation and variance comparatives.
- Participate or lead in the collection, aggregation, and analysis of information related to Country Risk for a particular region. Provide input or present findings to Country Risk Management at regular meetings. Provide insight as to the method of stress calculation and factors driving changes to stress levels. Weigh the impact of methodology and process changes and communicate findings to technology and senior management.
Contribute to weekly Country Risk and monthly Country Risk Legal Entity reports sent to Senior Management and Senior Risk Management
- Assist in ad-hoc data collection and review of information for countries requiring increased scrutiny. Provide input or present findings to senior management.
Contribute to the improvement and automation of the Country Risk reporting process
- Ensure commentary is received and updated, where applicable.
- Update exposure and stress data and associated comparative commentaries
Contribute to Project Management and Operating Model working groups
- Data process automation; Excel and tactical use of Excel macros.
- Participate in continuing development of new exposure/stress management tool.
- Provide input and participate in various working groups to ensure appropriate capture of data, enhance data aggregation processes and reporting & control procedures.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and investigative problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with large amounts of data
- A self-starter who is organized and consistently meets deliverables
- Knowledge and/or experience of credit risk and/or market risk principles or products (issuer, derivatives and financing transactions)
- Experience with risk reporting systems desirable (CRI, SELM, MRI/MaRRS)
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize multiple tasks, and bring tasks to complete closure
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Access, Business Objects; development and use of Macros and VBA
- Experience with both process building and process re-engineering
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; verbal, written and presentation.
- Good team player who can work well with colleagues of various levels, across multiple locations
- Willingness to lead an initiative or play a support role on the broader team
- Minimum 4 years experience