JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. The Chief Data Office has a mandate set and actively supported at the board level to transform data management towards demonstrable shareholder value. The Data Network Architecture team has a firm wide remit to deliver a broad set of data management capabilities including the overall functional and technical vision for data governance.
Role Title: Data Network Architecture Product Owner – Data Link
Role Level: Senior VP / ED
Role Location: Role can be located in any of the following JPM offices:
Jersey City (United States)
The DNA Product sources and distributes facts about data at JPMC and has two broad components: Firstly, a graph database, which stores facts about data as triples and enables search and visualisation of them. Secondly, an ecosystem of DNA Componentry, which is the network of components from which facts about data are sourced. Each of these broad components has a lead Product Owner, and this role is for the second of these.
The DNA Product Owner is responsible for maximising business benefits by identifying the DNA product features and translating these into a prioritised backlog. It is the job of the product owner to work within the scrum team to agree the features to be worked on next and to refine and re-order the backlog on an ongoing basis. The Product owner should work jointly with DNA advocates to agree how to measure relative value of features and embed that measure into the backlog management process.
The development teams that this role faces are those allocated to FDM. The role is also the Product Owner for other utility type products developed within DNA, such as the Boundary Service.
Role Reporting Line: DNA Advocate (NA) & Product Owner
· Partner with DNA Advocates to identify and understand the specific business benefits associated with data management transformation and in particular those that shape the need for data management utilities such as Data Network Architecture
· Work with identified business opportunities and develop specific component implementations to support a close coupling of the FDM agenda with demonstrable business value
· Own and drive the sequencing and prioritisation of delivery of components and features to best realise business value
· Vision: Contribute to the functional vision for the set of capabilities required to further the objectives of Data Network Architecture including utility products
· Partner with FDM Technology to develop functional architecture and deliver solutions which implement defined DNA and utility capabilities.
· FDM Logical Data Models: Own logical data models for all DNA & utility capabilities developed by FDM Technology.
· FDM Operating Model: Partner with stakeholders and users to agree the operating model for each service, to ensure services support compliance with FDM Policy & Standards and also meet business demand.
· Standards: Partner with DNA QA and Ontology leads and with LoB Information Architects to understand and support compliance with internal and external metadata and modelling standards for DNA facts
DNA & Utilities Delivery
· Requirements & Program Oversight: Define requirements, influence technology design, and partner with FDM Technology across infrastructure, database, and application development disciplines to deliver utility components, for example:
· Boundary Services: Delivery of a technical product enabling a set of taxonomies to be available and used to scope a wide range of data management assets, entitlements and activities
· Metadata Integration: Enabling the integration of metadata originating outside of FDM capabilities
· Storage Services for content created by FDM capabilities
· Metadata linkage Enabling the relationships between different types of metadata to be built and delivered by FDM technical products in accordance with the FDM Meta Model and ontology
Degree in computer science (or similarly technical discipline).
Proven track record in delivering some or all of the utility products described above or similar technical products
Demonstrable success at engaging and leading stakeholders of technical products, ideally for new products.
Demonstrable success at application development team leadership and application architecture design and implementation.
Proven credibility as to leadership and influencing skills across technical disciplines outside immediate reporting line.
Demonstrable success in shaping enterprise wide data related initiatives in the Financial Services industry.
Experience of shaping and implementing cross departmental Data Governance programs.
Significant experience of the above in the context of Financial Services.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.