The Global Privacy Office (GPO) is a Corporate Compliance function that is responsible for the development and administration of an enterprise-wide Global Privacy Program. The GPO establishes minimum privacy requirements, provides compliance guidance to lines of business and corporate functions, monitors the regulatory landscape, and provides management with transparency into the organization’s privacy risks and issues.
The Global Privacy Compliance Governance team is seeking a compliance professional to lead the Global Privacy Monitoring & Assurance Program. The role will be responsible for managing and supporting the framework for Privacy Monitoring & Testing (M&T) activities, Audit, Risk and Regulatory Requests, and Privacy Governance initiatives. The role will be located in the New York Metro Area and will report to the Global Head of Data Protection & Privacy Compliance Governance.
· Implement and maintain the components of the Global Privacy Program and Operating Model that align with (M&T) responsibilities
· Support the Global Privacy M&T strategy that will include advising Lines of Business (LOBs) and Corporate Functions (CFs) during Annual Planning, providing guidance for testing of privacy requirements, risks and controls
· Implement an evergreen process with the Global Compliance (M&T) Team to ensure alignment and consistency with Global M&T standards.
· Monitor Privacy M&T activities and report on overall status that may include results, open issues and remediation activities to senior management and privacy forums
· Proactively engage LOB/CF M&T teams and LOB/CF Privacy Compliance during the lifecycle of M&T activities; provide input on scope, execution and findings
· Analyze M&T results to identify control failures, cross LOB impact and patterns that may be an indication of potential systemic risk; escalate material findings to senior management and LOB/CF Privacy Compliance Officers.
· Engage members of the GPO when M&T activities cover core privacy areas that may require subject matter expert advice
· Conduct targeted /ad-hoc reviews of key privacy controls, processes or post implementation checks to identify emerging risks; report results to the GCPO, Global Emerging Risk and appropriate Oversight function.
· Develop a GPO Quality Assurance framework to monitor GPO owned processes/procedures including but not limited to the operating model, privacy incident management, reporting & analytics.
· Manage requests for information from Regulators, Audit, Compliance Testing, and Operational Risk on behalf of the GPO.
· Assist during Compliance Controls and Audit reviews of the Global Privacy Program; Monitor and oversee GPO owned action plans to ensure timely and appropriate closure.
· Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of equivalent education and experience
· Minimum 10 years of related experience; Financial Services or Regulatory experience preferred
· Experience in monitoring, testing , QA programs
· Strong understanding of compliance and control envirnoments
· Understanding of global privacy laws, regulations and compliance requirements
· Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification preferred
· Leadership experience with proven ability to maintain relationships, influence change and add value
· Ability to produce high quality deliverables that require minimal modification
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
· Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Strong project management skills, with experience managing large-scale and time sensitive projects
· Highly organized, extremely detail and control orientated fostering a transparent no surprise environment
· Implement techniques to ensure the effective usage of meetings and identify/reduce bureaucracy for low value/duplicate activities
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools
· Effectively manage relationships, facilitates effective communication, and works with the senior team to assess needs, understand requirements and develop solutions
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.