JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
It began operations in the Philippines in 1961 with a representative office. Since then, the firm has expanded its presence into a fully integrated franchise, comprising Investment Banking, Treasury and Securities Services, Equity Sales and Research as well as foreign exchange and fixed income trading operations. JPMorgan Chase & Co. has a number of legal entities operating in the country, including the Manila Branch of the bank, which has a commercial banking license as well as a derivatives license, and a securities company with a seat on the Philippine Stock Exchange.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. launched its Global Service Center in Manila in 2005 and in Cebu in 2010, to provide a wide variety of strategic support including analytics, finance and accounting voice-based services, transaction processing and other functions to its affiliates around the world.
We have opportunities for a MIS Manager position in our Recruitment group.
Reporting to the Head of Recruitment, the role will lead a team responsible for consolidating, analyzing and validating all data and reports required for daily, weekly, monthly and adhoc requests from senior management. Regular reports include but may not be limited to: Monthly Executive Summary for Philippine Global Services Center, Weekly Status Reports per line of business, Operations Committee Reports, Mobility Reports, Sourcing Reports.
Ensures that reports are generated in a timely and consistent manner in accordance with SLAs and best practice.
Partners with Technology Leaders / Asia Staffing Support to maximize metrics availability and improve source data quality as well as refine reporting and analysis requirements.
Analyzes data to discover trends, patterns and correlations that will assist management in making better business decisions.
Provides recommendations on how to address gaps based on reports generated
Identifies process improvements to streamline data collection and report creation
Will also manage and ensure roll-out and implementation of new systems and tools related to the Recruitment organization
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
- Must have at least 7 years of relevant experience on business/data analytics and project management.
- Experience in HR and Recruitment analytics and people management are preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel, with working knowledge of macros and report automation will be highly advantageous
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint
- Fast Learner and creative problem solver with expertise in statistics, analysis, and data transformation.
- Excellent organization skills and strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and effectively prioritize work, handling multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, able to build strong working relationships across multiple functions and time zones.
- Agile and able to execute in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Highly collaborative and is effective in influencing for changes/improvements