J.P. Morgan Private Bank
Client Advisor Job Description
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has been helping the world’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations, and endowments grow, manage, and sustain their wealth through personalized, comprehensive financial solutions for more than 160 years. J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management with assets under supervision of $2.1 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion. With Private Bank advisors in 110 offices in 25 states and 20 countries, the Private Bank provides clients with a global perspective delivered through a local, dedicated team of specialists focused on fundamental wealth management disciplines, including investment management, wealth planning, philanthropy, credit and banking.
As a Client Advisor with J.P. Morgan Private Bank, you will be accountable for identifying and managing client relationships within the high net worth market. As the brand ambassador, the Client Advisor owns new client acquisition and retention through a broad knowledge of investments, banking, trust services, and financial planning. This role is also responsible for deepening and strengthening existing relationships by continuing to present innovative solutions across the balance sheet to help clients achieve their financial goals.
· Act as ongoing relationship manager for a specific portfolio of clients and ensure every client has a positive experience
· Responsible for engaging in new business development to deliver J.P. Morgan Private Bank services to high net worth prospects and clients
· Exceed the expectations of J.P. Morgan Private Bank clients by displaying creativity in formulating integrated solutions through the use of a wide range of products and services (including investments, trust, banking, wealth transfer)
· Develop a perspective on specific client situations in order to proactively select and recommend solutions
· Conduct investment reviews with high net worth clients to validate the clients' current investment objectives and prepare recommendations of appropriate investment products
· Develop investment policy statements, advise on asset allocation and manage clients’ investment portfolio
· Initiate and close sales of complex investment products
· Demonstrated understanding of investments, banking and trust concepts including, but not limited to: asset allocation on managed portfolios, brokerage accounts, portfolio reviews, deposit and loan solutions, basic trust and estate products and identification of wealth planning opportunities
· Extensive experience with and in-depth knowledge of equities, fixed income, structured notes, and alternatives
· Measurable track record of successfully selling to high net worth clients
· Analytical ability in order to relate specific client asset situations to individual products
· Interactive skills in order to understand client needs and take action with the appropriate solutions
· Strong client relationship management and sales skills
· Experience profiling and formulating strategies for potential clients
· Demonstrated ability to close deals
· Impeccable interpersonal and organizational skills
· Strong leadership and management skills along with high level of self motivation
· Ability to work in a team based environment and assist in the development and retention of junior team members
· Seven plus years of experience in Private Banking or Financial Services industry
· Bachelors degree required, MBA, CFP or CFA preferred
· Prior experience providing complex solutions to high net worth
· Series 7 & 63 licenses required for position; however, unlicensed candidates considered but required to obtain licenses within 90 days of start date
J.P Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.