JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. The team’s mission is to provide a scalable, efficient design that meets the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Data and Messaging Services(DMS) is part of JPMorgan Chase's GTI compute organization. This is an exciting opportunity as messaging infrastructure developer in the messaging engineering team and in this role, you will help to build the strategic control and enablement framework for applications to utilize our messaging infrastructure, develop automation for self-service tools using the strategic technology stack for better user experience, self-service and operational stability, availability and efficiency.
The ideal candidate will have deep technical hands-on experience on messaging infrastructure shared services, designing, coding/building of micro services architecture based mission critical applications. The candidate must have good communication skills and be able provide guidance to junior team members.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be self-starter in gathering requirements, design, code and build solutions
- Develop distributed back-end API services in python
- Follow and implement the best practices and processes
- Develop and maintain documentation and support infrastructure
- Need to work with other infrastructure engineering teams to build the strategic messaging infrastructure and tooling adhering to firm's engineering standards
- Proficient in object oriented programming in Linux environment in python ( 4+ years)
- Excellent experience with Flask & Swagger (3+ years)
- Excellent experience with API design & development (3+ years)
- Experienced in integration of systems/applications
- Good experience with relational database (preferably Oracle) and hands on experience with SQL
- Experience with Agile Development practices
- Experience in using leveraging Atlassian product suite (JIRA, confluence, Bitbucket) in SDLC process
- Experience with working on Git
- Working experience including build procedures (ex: Make) on Linux platform
- Knowledge of web services like SOAP, REST
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with open source software in using as well as contributing
- Experience with Apache server configurations
- Working knowledge on IBM MQ is a big plus
- Hands on knowledge of C is a plus
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.