About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan’s Regional Investment Banking ( RIB ) Group is part of J.P. Morgan’s Global Investment Bank and focuses on capital raising and strategic advisory for private and public companies that are existing Commercial Bank clients or prospects of the Firm. The group focuses on companies on a regional basis, with offices in New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
Clients span multiple industries such as Consumer, Retail, Industrials, Automotive, Transportation, Metals & Mining, Chemicals, Healthcare, Technology, Media, Telecom, Energy, Financial Institutions, Real Estate and Financial Sponsors. The team partners closely with both industry specialists and product experts across the Firm to be the client's strategic advisor and financial partner, providing a broad range of investment banking products to existing Commercial Bank clients and prospects.
• Assist regional leadership with day-to-day management of client coverage.
• Analyze the market and financial position of client companies and competitors.
• Market, structure and execute corporate finance deals, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs and debt/equity financings.
• Develop models, consisting of financial statements and data, as well as required key outputs, using discounted cash flow, merger, accretion/dilution, leveraged buyout, comparable company, comparable transaction and sum-of-the-parts analyses.
• Conduct due diligence on companies in connection with the valuations for merger and acquisition transactions and/or securities offerings.
• Develop and manage junior resources in various project environments.
• Manage day-to-day project deliverables to ensure the objectives of the client and deal team are achieved.
• Manage all stages of transaction executions, from the pitch phase to closing.
• Ensure a high level of quality in all investment banking project materials.
• Attend various client sessions/events as well as relevant industry conferences.
• Experience in Investment Banking Coverage, M&A or Capital Markets via Internship or Full-time position is strongly preferred.
• Candidates must possess strong entrepreneurial, analytical, quantitative, communication, business writing and client-relations skills.
• Candidates must be adaptable and have the ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment.
• Candidates should be able to work independently, producing accurate, detailed materials while meeting tight deadlines.
• Education required: Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering or related; Master's Degree in Business Administration preferred, but not required.
• Skills required: Must have prior experience with financial modeling; in addition, must have strong proficiency in FactSet and CapIQ as well as MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.