J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
· Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
· Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
Agency Collateral support internal & external clients (predominantly Banks & Broker Dealers) in managing their margin obligations/exposures. Primary product support falls into 3 categories: Derivatives Collateral Management (DCM), Securities Collateral Management (SCM) & Margin Control. Primary functions span three global teams; 1) Core Operations own day to day processes, (2) Middle Office have ownership of overall operational client satisfaction, (3) Collateral Change deliver solutions to support Core Operations processing.
· J.P. Morgan manages in excess of $350Bn of collateral balances and processes 20M transactions each year
· More than 200 collateral clients globally, with 6,400 CSAs for over 100 third-party buy side clients. Collateral relationships with all major banks and brokers globally
· Provides tri-party support in excess of 20 markets
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bournemouth. Over 4,000 employees work at the Bournemouth Corporate Center. We take immense pride in our work and in helping our community. We’re proud to leverage the local workforce and engage closely with local schools and charities. Our campus is set in 13 acres of grounds and includes on-site Tennis Courts and easy access to local sports facilities. We have good transport links including our commuter bus service. The site is currently benefitting from massive investment, redeveloping the office space into a High Performance Workspace and adding exciting new offerings to our communal spaces. We have 2 restaurants on site offering a wide range of healthy options. The staff are able to join in a wide range of groups from yoga to language classes, to groups supporting the diverse range of cultures represented here.
An exciting Associate opportunity has arisen to manage the SCM team in Bournemouth. The SCM team are responsible for managing the Collateral requirements for a number of Investment Banks. The role presents strong progression opportunities for the right individual.
• People Management of the Securities Collateral Management Team working closely with your VP to ensure strong People development, effective & continuous training and clear succession planning.
• Management of the team’s control checks via Operations Task Manager, ensuring all key control checks are being completed accurately and within a timely manner
• A key stakeholder in the SCM Change Agenda, partnering with the Change and Prod Dev teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of key Project Initiatives.
• Driving the Process Improvement Agenda within the team with a particular focus on reduction of manual processes.
• Partnering with Global Ops SCM teams to ensure a consistency in approach and appropriate allocation of work effort
• Key escalation point for senior management and internal partners
• Partnering with Middle Office and Client Service teams to ensure Client’s receive exceptional service
• Participation in Client Due Diligence meetings and service calls
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Ability to prioritise
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Proven Client Service Skills
• Strong People Management skills
• Strong Controls mindset
• Operations background
• Knowledge of Agency Collateral Management products
• Securities Lending
• Securities Settlement
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search or update your profile.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
Need disability related assistance?
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please click here.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" supplemental poster.
Click here to view our U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.