Be part of a dedicated functional team for Client Onboarding for China responsible to execute records in global systems and client documentation analysis as part of the approval of customers being onboarded, remediated and renewed.
• The primary responsibility of the China Wholesale Client Onboarding Manager is to support the day to day management of the KYC process to onboard and renew KYC records to regulatory standards with high quality and while meeting tight deadlines.
• This includes manage relationships with a Front Office sub-LOB, prioritize and assign case work for the team, oversee calibration with Quality Control and Utility teams, and serve as the primary point of escalation for team members.
• Supports Onboarding Manager’s overall LOB engagement strategy by working with a specific Front Office sub-LOB to develop strong partnerships, escalate issues, and eliminate roadblocks.
• Coordinates case prioritization, capacity planning, and assign cases to team members. Includes organizing engagement with Front Office by client families, across new onboardings and renewals.
• Monitor team productivity and quality reports and take action as needed to maintain agreed SLAs.
• Teamwork with other supporting areas such as Legal, Compliance, Internal Controls, Technology, Client Services, as well as with other Regional and Global Client Onboarding teams. Provide operational support to supply audit/compliance/regulatory with documentation/analysis.
• Serve as primary point of escalation for subordinate KYC Analyst team issues to Onboarding Managers or relevant stakeholder. Proactively highlight potential issues to management.
• Ensures that all subordinate KYCAs participate and complete mandatory Business-wide and WCOB directed training & minimum hours.
• Keep informed of and ensure team members apply any changes to processes and procedures and regulatory change.
• Create an effective and efficient team, through continuous communication, timely feedback, and appropriate supervisory practices.
• Identify and apply regulatory requirements of the different applicable jurisdictions and internal procedures.
• Calls and respective escalation of issues, prioritization of closures by risk and due date.
• General understanding of and execute AML (Anti money laundering) policies and internal procedures, in accordance with local and global principles. Study of legal and commercial documents, in order to understand client´s activity, structure, and risk associated.
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are updated reflecting the latest procedures.
• Prepare data or reports as required by regulatory and senior management needs related to clients.
• Outstanding client management, partnership building, and interpersonal skills to influence/negotiate desired outcomes. Able to drive team interactions with Front Office representatives in order to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
• Strong leader with capability to provide direction and guidance to a team. Ability to develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes.
• Strong time management skills and self-directing. Capable of dealing with high pressure, time sensitive tasks. Ability to develop and lead a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes.
• Proactive in identifying risks and controls gaps and bringing issues to a resolution.
• Sense of urgency/ability to work well under pressure, different priorities and tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of multiple client types (i.e. Corporates, Non-Banking Financial Institutions, F.I.’s, Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, Mutual Funds, etc.).
• Knowledge of different products such as Trade, Escrow, Cash, Global Custody, Securities, Collateral Management, etc.
• Excellent analytical and research skills, and detail oriented. Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to reach a successful resolution to applicable parties. Ability to identify problems and drive to resolution.
• Proactive/self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners and clients in a dependable, timely and accurate manner.
• Highly organized, proactive and motivated with strong prioritization skills, innovation and problem solving skills, and a control mindset, with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners and clients in a timely and accurate manner.
• Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and challenges in a rapidly changing environment, as well as handling multiple task and changing priorities on a daily basis.
• Participate in meetings or conference calls providing status on processes. Liaise with different areas such as Sales, Client Services, Technology, Legal and Compliance.
• Be constantly updated about the Regulatory environment and framework. Knowledge in corporate documentation, by laws, power of attorneys and documents supporting the on-boarding process.
• Be articulate to deal with Business, to talk to Regulator, to Audit, etc.
• Maintain a good control environment by tracking the E2E on-boarding workflow, e.g. KYC approval, storage of on-boarding documents, etc.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Be an agent of change and challenge the status quo.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin.
• University graduate with minimum 10 years relevant banking experience.
• Strong people management skills with proven track record. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to partner with internal stakeholders, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads and senior managers.
• Sound knowledge on KYC / client onboarding, familiar with corporate and regulatory developments on AML.